Alternative parts, what everyone needs to know...

Parisien

Thanks Jeff, sorry I jumped the gun on the price, but I know they will be competitive.

Do you know what the OEM rotor in the US ship for, maybe we are just getting ripped off over here in the UK.

Conaero, I suspect we will get hammered for postage, VAT, customs duty, then VAT on the postage, plus poor exhange rate.......bargain they may not be but up-rated and alternatives yes!

P

bill

P,
there is no alternative...... we just have to go there and bring them in our luggage!

B

Parisien

Bill..............you think so...........40kgs of steel............hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm........and just room for 2 prs of socks, and underpants.........

;)

P

bill

well, been Vegas we would have to have a go at some black jack when we will win so much money that it would pay not only for the disks but a lot of other goodies. "The question is" as a formidable character once said "do you feel lucky punk...."

conaero

Forum Owner
I am thinking of placing an order for 20 sets, then sell them or even just hold them for SportsMaserati members, paying Jeff direct....sort of a mini UK distributer.

Parisien

I am thinking of placing an order for 20 sets, then sell them or even just hold them for SportsMaserati members, paying Jeff direct....sort of a mini UK distributer.

Interesting Matt.....certainly in bulk and as a business proposition, might well be tempting, would need a rear set in mid-future too.....let us know how it would work out.

The secondary effect is, if Maserati realise that theres a big down turn in orders for their very profitable discs, their prices might drop too!!

P

FormulaDynamics

Here in the USA, I think we pay quite a bit more for the rotors. Factory rotors typically run nearly $400 / pc at the dealer. I believe you pay quite a bit less in the UK?

The good news is that we'll have rotors for the QP and GranTurismo crowd as well and I'm certain that we will have very competitive pricing there.

Either way we can try to freight a bulk order of rotors and save a few bucks. I'd love to earn the UK business if possible but not 100% sure that we can overcome the cost differences between the USA parts / UK parts and the shipping.

I'm quite sure that the new rotors are going to perform and look fantastic!

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

conaero

Forum Owner
SportsMaserti.com proud to announce GB Bonding discount offer...
I am please to announce that GB Bonding and SportsMaserati.com have negotiated a handbrake re shoe deal to our members.

The price, inclusive of return postage is £35 to have your old shoes re lined to better than OEM standards.

Additional to this, we have a loan set of old shoes that SportsMaserati.com members can use to save disabling you car during this process.

Turnaround it 3-4 days.

Please quote this forum for offer discount.

conaero

Forum Owner
SportsMaserti.com proud to announce Belfast Brake discount offer...
I am please to announce that Belfast Brakes and SportsMaserati.com have negotiated a high performance Ferodo/Brembo(Fedral Mogul) deal to our members.

They are a far superior compound than the OEM fit with higher heat dispersal capability to eliminate brake fade, and ultra low dust so ideal for your OEM drilled discs.

The price, inclusive of postage and VAT is £35 per front or rear set. The beauty of Belfast Brakes, is that you can order over the phone by credit card or paypal.

Please do not confuse these with EBC Green Stuff, because that they are not.

GreenGripper.jpg

An ultra low dust high friction, high temperature compound with a heat transfer layer next to the backing plate to transfer heat away from the disc and pad enabling operating temperatures of slightly over 520deg with no fade at all. Green Gripper low dust pads complement the drilled disc range perfectly.

Please PM me for the promotional code.

Dogleg

conaero

Forum Owner
Just turned up, thanks to Jezza for suppling the old shoes, they are absolutely perfect, painted and stickered up with Lucas logos:

They are bonded with a much stronger glue than original, so they are less likely to de laminate, as what seems to happen a lot.

shoe01.jpg

shoe03.jpg

shoe02.jpg

SportsMaserti.com proud to announce Belfast Brake discount offer...
I am please to announce that Belfast Brakes and SportsMaserati.com have negotiated a handbrake re shoe deal to our members.

The price, inclusive of return postage is £30 to have your old shoes re lined to better than OEM standards.

Additional to this, we have a loan set of old shoes that SportsMaserati.com members can use to save disabling you car during this process.

Turnaround it 3-4 days.

Please PM me for the promotional code.

Dogleg

conaero

Forum Owner
3200 starter motor:

Valeo: D6RA64 (Peugeot/Citroen/Lancia)
Bosch reconditioned unit part number 0986016530-93N
The only difference is the casting that bolts it to the bell housing. This is easily swapped with the old one by undoing 4 small torx or hexagon keys and takes less than 5 minutes.

£50 plus VAT

davidhowson

Just wondered if there is any update on the availablility of the discs yet? We've got the deals on the pads and shoes, I'm up for trying out the complete set as soon as!
-David-

Parisien

3200 starter motor:

Valeo: D6RA64 (Peugeot/Citroen/Lancia)
Bosch reconditioned unit part number 0986016530-93N
The only difference is the casting that bolts it to the bell housing. This is easily swapped with the old one by undoing 4 small torx or hexagon keys and takes less than 5 minutes.

£50 plus VAT

This is only for the 3200....doesnt fit a 4200...or is there another equivalent?

P

davidhowson

Just wanted to add my experience here:

Ordered the Green Gripper Brake Pads for my 4200 from Gary at the Belfast Brake Co on Monday 12 March and they were delivered three days later - Top Man Gary, Thanks!!

Fittted them on Saturday, dead easy thanks to a couple of detailed instruction threads on here, but only done about 25 miles on them so far, so too early to report on how they perform.

-David-