Common Cross Parts List

fastestsvx

Hello, I am new to the forum and am soon wanting to get an 02-06 Coupe GT 6spd on the floor. Has anybody else assembled a cross parts list of items that are readily available and less expensive that will work on these cars? I am a manager at a large US auto parts chain and have access to a lot of parts specs and information. Here is what I found so far...

Cabin Air Filter- Fram CFA8788 or WIX WP6969
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs- CR8EIX or #4218
Brake Pads- Wagner ThermoQuiet front MX639 rear MX345

I have used the ThermoQuiet pads on numerous cars and their performance is extraordinary for their price. Low dust and noise and they are easy on the rotors. The NGK plugs are easier to get than Denso and I never had a quality issue with them. I am still looking for Belts, Hoses and an oil filter cross since no one has one and Ferrari has a patent on its specs. I am sure the threading and gasket diameter isn't nothing majorly special. A good K&N, Mobil 1, or Royal Purple oil filter should work great.

Also, my most recommended oil and fuel treatment is Marvel Mystery Oil. Its been around since 1923 and was co-invented by a chemist and the US Army. Its ingredients are patented and has a long track record of working really well. I run it in all my cars and Ducati, in the engine and the gas tank. It keeps everything really clean and running optimally.

Hope I get some replies as this will make this car more affordable to own...

Thanks, Greg

philw696

Welcome to the best forum and best of luck trying to cross reference parts several of us have tried.
The purflux oil filter for the 4200 seems to be unique.
Phil.

Parisien

Nice to see another N American cross the pond to were the real Maserati action is.....:)

Hope you found a few items of note on our list........let us know what else comes to light.

P

ENZ525

Welcome to the forum Greg,
Good luck in your search and do keep us informed on progress
Regards,
Enzo.

2b1ask1

Special case
Hi Greg,

If you can crack the Valeo clutch number issue for 4200 Cambicorsa you could clear up a big set of orders (group buy) I'm sure as it has to be a common clutch but it has proven illusive to find any numbering information so far... Neither Valeo or Maserati will spill the beans!

And welcome to this fine Forum.

fastestsvx

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Anyone have numbers off the original belt for the 4200 engine or the length and groove specs? I want to cross these to a Gates or Goodyear drive belt.

So your saying no one makes an aftermarket clutch yet for the Cambiocorsa or 6sp manual?

I am gonna order an oil filter so I can disassemble it and get some specs off of it. I want to be able to change the oil and filter frequently but at $33 each, that wouldn't be possible. I can get 3 K&N oil filters for less than that and those are used by hardcore racing drivers. The Purflux can't be that great.

Thanks in advance, Greg

Parisien

We are a bit reluctant to change from the OEM oil filter/oil combo....ie Maseratis and Shell Helix.

We had certainly pondered getting the clutch relined etc....but not gotten far on that yet. The clutch would be the most useful and you've checked out the Alfa hydraulic pump alternative?

Cheers,

P

fastestsvx

Well, I plan on purchasing the non-Cambiocorsa model so I don't have to deal with the F1 pumps and more frequent clutch changes. I am almost positive once I have the clutch removed, I can find a local speed shop that could re-line the clutch with higher quality material. I have already found a radiator shop that will build me a custom all aluminum radiator for under $300 US dollars.