What a great 4200 - and a great price.

jluis

Maybe...always check the CEL comes on and off with the ignition when looking at a car.

That's the first thing I check when buying a car.
Not only CEL but the rest of the christmas lights.
Seems to be a common scam these days to remove warning lights from the cluster.

jluis

Don't know your prices over there but it seems to.me that's the price for a project car, even if the engine is gone it might be worth it

davy83

The car has an internal CANBUS system which connects up various processors and so the standard ODB reader does get errors from more than just the engine, it will pick up gearbox, and suspension and fuel injection errors too. What you don't get is the Maserati special stuff which can also be done which is altering and resetting stuff, and also reading the Maserati special codes. However the ODB thing is law i think and so the car must report standard codes that apply so the standard reader is amazingly good.

Not sure if the other modules also light up the engine light but the standard obd reader usually only gets the engine related codes.
It won't show anything related to transmission, suspension or brakes

Dyer3200

The only fools and horses Reliant speaks volumes for me - not that I am in the market for a 4200

snazza

Has anyone been to see this ........if so is it a complete basket case? ....as has been mentioned earlier its in 'project' money right now......

safrane

Snazza,

When I sold it in 2011 it was in perfect order with a full by-the-book history from main dealers and Emblem in Poole. Sadly it appears that as it has only done 4.5k since then it has not been serviced, although it has had a new clutch from Shiltech.

It had no body damage when sold, apart from under the rear bumper (Prior to me owning) where it has had some paint to the bumper underside. It also had a front bumper re-paint in 2011 by one of the selling garages in Nottingham.