Fuel pump fuse and relays?

maser_spyder

Hi All,

2002 Spyder.

I have a little problem with fuelling on the LH bank, there's no pressure at all at the manifold.

Last time I moved it was in the snow, very cold, and it was only firing on 4 for about 30 seconds before coming to life completely. Now it's just firing on 4!

Looks like either a fuel pump (looks like there's two, one for each side), or possibly a relay/fuse has done (would suspect the latter, given it was on / off a couple of times, before packing up completely).

Unfortunately, I don't have the handbook handy with the details of fuses and relays. I'm guessing it's one of the ones just behind the battery in the boot, but could anybody confirm which one it is? Just so I can get a meter on the relays/fuses to make sure they're OK before taking the roof compartment apart!

A diagram or copy of the page in the manual would be superb, or even just a rough guess would be enough....

Car is winterised until the spring, so no urgency at all, I'm just getting on top of all the little niggles over the winter, ready for next season.

Cheers!

Parisien

Having said that...there are 6/7 pages...hold on will check those relay/fuses for you!

P

Parisien

ok.....relays

position C - micro (no amp size) fuel pump first speed
position D - micro (no amp size) fuel pump 2nd speed

Fuses -

position 2 - 20 A - fuel pumps rear

Diagram to follow

P

conaero

Forum Owner
This might help, bottom images:

145.jpg

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
Might as well shove this in as well, whilst I am at it:

Main fuse panel, under passenger footwell mat....this one list the valve for the GS exhaust box (F70), so its one I have not seen before...

fuses.jpg

A PANEL
F5-30A-Headlight washer timer
F44-30A-+30 Driver's seat
F45-30A-+30 Passenger's seat
F46-7,5A-Passenger's seat heating
F47-7,5A-Driver's seat heating
F50-7,5A-Air conditioning and ventilation unit
R8-30A-Connected devices cut out during ignition
R9-30A-Connected devices not cut out during ignition
R17-20A-Passenger's seat heating
R18-20A-Driver's seat heating

B PANEL
F9-10A-+87 main relay
F10-15A-+87 Lambda sensor main relay , air flow meter
F11-15A-+87 main relay for injectors, coils
F28-7,5A-A.C. Compressor
F29-15A-Horns
F51-10A-+15 ABS
R4-20A-A.C. Compressor
R5-20A-Immobilizer
R6-20A-Main injection
R10-20A-A.C. Compressor, horns

C PANEL
F13-30A-Starter motor
F32-10A-RH High beam light
F33-10A-LH High beam light, warning light
F34-15A-Fog lights
F35-15A-Left-hand low beam
F36-15A-Right-hand low beam, headlight washers inhibitor switch, manual headlight angle adjuster
R7-30A-Starter motor
R11-20A-Fog lights
R12-20A-High beam lights
R13-20A-Low beam lights

D PANEL
F6-10A-Headlight washer timer
F7-30A-Main injection
F8-7,5A-+30 injection
F12-15A-+30 ignition switch
F14-5A-Air conditioning and ventilation system, navigator cable bundle, (+15 connected devices cut out during ignition)
F15-15A-Cigarette lighter, radio, engine indic., rear view mirrors, ceiling light, glove compartment lamp (+15 cut out during ignition)
F17-25A-Windshield wiper, windshield wiper washing pumps, wiper(+15 cut out during ignition)
F18-10A-Airbag (+15 connected devices not cut out during ignition)
F19-5A-+15 NCS (+15 connected devices not cut out during ignition)
F20-7,5A-Immobilizer, CAN line interface, navigator cable bundle instrument(+15 not cut out during ignition)
F21-5A-Alarm system, preset for satellite alarm
F22-10A-Ceiling lights, ceiling light timer, (electronic) seats , luggage compartment and fuel flap opening controls
F23-7,5A-ECU for CAN line interface, OBD, Maserati CODE system, multifuncion display
F24-20A-Door locking system
F25-15A-Radio, navigator
F26-30A-Driver side power windows
F27-30A-Passenger side power window
F30-10A-+15 light switch, Cruise Control, headlight aiming ECU (+15 cut out during ignition)
F31-15A-Turn signal light blinking
F37-15A-+30 IGE ECU
F38-15A-+30 IGE ECU
F39-5A-IGE ECU, ceiling light timer, light switch (+15 connected devices not cut out during ignition)
F40-10A-Stop, clutch
F53-10A-Navigator, clock, tunnel display
F70-15A-Exhaust bypass solenoid valve

Parisien

Conaero......maybe put these images on a sticky in technical section?

Oooooooops...beat me to it!

P

maser_spyder

Gentlemen, that is perfect.

Looks like both pumps run through a single fuse and relay (rather than having separate feeds), and given I've only got fuel pressure on one bank, it looks like a new pump is required.

You guys have managed to shave about four hours off the job fiddling around double checking the pump feeds, so thank you very much!

I hope you can get to the pumps from the roof compartment, it'll make life very easy!

Cheers!

conaero

Forum Owner
Gentlemen, that is perfect.

Looks like both pumps run through a single fuse and relay (rather than having separate feeds), and given I've only got fuel pressure on one bank, it looks like a new pump is required.

You guys have managed to shave about four hours off the job fiddling around double checking the pump feeds, so thank you very much!

I hope you can get to the pumps from the roof compartment, it'll make life very easy!

Cheers!

Always happy to help, that's what we are here for, just make sure you repay us by supporting this forum and would be good to see you on one of our meets, check the Events section.

maser_spyder

Actually, I have something that might interest you for the technical section, I managed to get hold of pdf manuals for both the Spyder roof, and the full engine strip/rebuild (which I think is quite easy to find online anyway).

If you have a section where this sort of thing can be uploaded, drop me a pm with your email address and I'll be happy to forward them both on to you.

Thanks again for your help on this, it's very much appreciated.