Maserati 4200 CC MA05SPA @ Pistol Prestige

Elspeth Berry

Pistol Prestige is indeed a total cowboy outfit. My son had agreed to buy this Maserati last summer and was messed about endlessly by Gary and Matt at Pistol Prestige, culminating in him requesting his £500 deposit back from them on 26 August 2010. Tragically my son died on 28 August 2010, just 2 days later. Both myself and my fiance have spoken to Gary and Matt on several occasions since, when they promised to refund the deposit on each occasion. This never happened. We ended up having to involve my solicitor as this was holding up the closure of his estate. They have since totally ignored all correspondence from the solicitor and have lied to Stockport Trading Standards. They are clearly extremely unscrupulous liars with no morals and no compassion.

Howie20_0

Pistol Prestige

I have just come across the above post by chance and would also like to report a similar experience with Pistol Prestige. In April of this year I agreed to purchase a Mercedes Sprinter van on behalf of my company, I paid a £200 deposit to secure the van on my personal credit card .Pistol Prestige were paid in full by the Finance company at which point I requested that my credit card was refunded the deposit I had paid-(they had said this would be fine and they were happy to do this) . Despite 'numerous ' phone calls over a period of six weeks or so and promises of a cheque as they were 'having problems' with their card machine -surprise surprise nothing! As a matter of principle therefore I refered the matter to my solicitor all of whose letters were ignored I have therfore been forced to submit a claim through the County Court in an attempt to recover my deposit.
I would therefore fully agree with the sentiments expressed in the previous post, be very very careful in any dealings you have with this 'business' I use the term loosley.In fact I would go so far as to say do not have any if my experience and that of the previous poster is anything to go by.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
It's shows cars that have been written off, cat d being the least major, cat c being a little worse. Both are repairable, cat a and b cars are not to be repaired.

AFXAB

Hi, I recently bought a car from Gary at Pistol Prestige, now at High Peak, and now need to issue proceedings to get my money back. I see that you submitted a claim through the County Court. I would be very grateful for any details that might help me with my claim, eg Gary's surname, the company name etc. I would also be very interested to know if you were successful.
AFXAB

jerkmoans

A quick search at Companies House http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo gives the following registered office details:

PISTOL PRESTIGE LIMITED
7 ST PETERSGATE
STOCKPORT
CHESHIRE
UNITED KINGDOM
SK1 1EB
Company No. 07714166

I see however that this very day the company was the subject of a notice in the Gazette, essentially stage one in a move to strike it off, probably for failure to file accounts. Move swiftly and good luck.

Phil H

Hi, I recently bought a car from Gary at Pistol Prestige, now at High Peak, and now need to issue proceedings to get my money back. I see that you submitted a claim through the County Court. I would be very grateful for any details that might help me with my claim, eg Gary's surname, the company name etc. I would also be very interested to know if you were successful.
AFXAB

It's always best to rely on Companies House for definitive information about a company or its responsible officers (directors/company secretaries) rather than 'front of house' or sales people who may or may not have any legal responsibility for the conduct of that company. However, websites such as the following one can be surprisingly useful if you dig around on them:

http://companycheck.co.uk/

PH

conaero

Forum Owner
Ok, this outfit are starting to pop up with a lot of issues now.

This thread has been catagorised: Buyer Beware and made a sticky.

AFXAB

Thanks for the replies. We have in fact issued proceedings tonight against both Pistol Prestige Ltd in Stockport and Gary Irving trading as PPL Prestige at Unit 1, Watford Bridge Retail Park, New Mills, Derbyshire. I wish I had read the above posts before I bought the car (Mercedes SLK 200). It looked good but the engine seized up after three weeks of use. My expert has examined it and it needs a completely new engine but Gary is trying to get away with a cheap bodge. There is also evidence that it has been in a significant accident. Thanks again.

SimonCC

I've just found this thread - not sure if this is the thread or if another exists that holds details of previous inspections (pre-purchase) describing the condition of cars, good or bad, that can be used for reference by others in the future who are looking at buying that car?

Last year I had an inspection done on a car I was looking to buy. The inspection report was damning. Although I won't share the report, I would always happily let potential buyers know some of the pitfalls with the particular car I saw.

Simon

bigbob

Maybe state the colour, inside and out, and year and that will give people enough to PM you if nec?

spkennyuk

I have been meaning to share this with you all for a week or so. The cheap 4200 at Pistol Prestige in Stockport is a dog and don't go near it. Had a PPI on it last week done by Autoshield Maserati. It's been in a big crash and is bent and completely out of shape underneath. This is 'to the point where fitting a new clutch could be a problem as the car is so badly crocked it wouldn't fit back together'. The dealership are aware of this and assured me it was going to auction where it most definitely buyer beware. However, it's back for sale at £17,995 today. Don't even bother wasting your time.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2091179.htm

Out of interest i checked if MA 05 SPA is on the dvla reg check. Its not listed anymore so there is a good chance its had a registration number change and its out there under a new guise. The other possability is its been broken up for parts.

spkennyuk

Or could it be dead maybe ?

That's what I meant by broken up for parts Andy. In true Monty Python fashion it could be dead, it could be deceased it could be no more. Hopefully its not just sleeping under a different registration number.