DI Water filter

keith

Having been recommended I purchased a DI water filter - Pure final rinse. Although there are a number of different types available, this seem to be the most use friendly. The idea is it removes all the impurities in the water, so when used for a final rinse the car should dry spot free. It's claimed you don't even need to dry your car at all!
Today I washed both my cars, a DS3 and the Ghibli. I have to say the results are impressive. It's important to thoroughly rinse the car with the purified water to ensure best results, but watching particularly the Ghibli which had a more thorough soaking dry with out any spotting was remarkable. Admittedly I didn't trust it enough to leave the cars completely, so I did remove some of the water, but what remained did dry perfectly.

MrMickS

Good news. I picked up a filter this week and will probably clean the cars tomorrow, looking forward to not having to dry them.

keith

Good news. I picked up a filter this week and will probably clean the cars tomorrow, looking forward to not having to dry them.

Sure, but as I say be sure in the final rinse to remove all the original water particularly around trim pieces to avoid contamination.
By the way I edited my previous post, as the predictive text function had been making my typing look rather non sensical!!