Suspension squeak

Wanderer

Starting to annoy me now, car is in for service next week so I'll get them to look at it but I wonder if anyone ITK re QPV has any pointers?

1. First summer with car

2. Normally had normal mode on, lately been using sport.

3. Since the warmer weather squeak has developed.

4. Not there on stat up overnight nor for a good while, only after a good few miles I can hear it.

5. Only happens on speed bumps and traffic calming raised road things.

6. It's a definite squeaky bed sound, like when you are shagging. Just did to see if profanity filter catches sh4gg1ng.

7. N/S front sounds like

8. Both front upper wishbones replaced/rebushed whatever last year.

Another thing is I've been ragging the car a bit lately, I'm not a boy racer and never really boot any decent car I've had, just like to know its there but got tempted to floor it, kin 'ell I know it's a 2 ton luxury 4-door but my God it shifted! Had a 3.6 ltr. Cadillac CTS before and it totally puts that in the shade. And it goes round corners flat as a pancake unlike the Caddy which leaned 45 degrees.....

Just wish it would stop squeaking. And the TMPS light was gone. And the driver window would go up properly.

So that's a negative and a positive, need a positive now just so I can have a positive.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
It’s possible it could be a shock absorber bush, they squeak going over speed bumps and are a common fault.

Wanderer

They all do that sir.....

She never did before the hot weather/me in sports mode mostly!

And that's driving all over Dublin's poor roads and at least 10 ferry crossings, hot weather ruining it for me. And the instrument cowl is creaking too sine the sun came out, though a few thumps and squeezing together of plastic seems to have cured that....

Wanderer

Have you tried the reset by holding the button in the roof console for at least 3 secs and then going for a drive?

Yep - I'm always pressing it 'just in case'!

Had sensors checked, all ok, only thing is car stood on forecourt for quite a while before I bought it, and whilst I've no actual proof, the fastidiousness of the previous owner (FSH - Charles Hurst) assures me it was fine before then.

So I suspected the ECU, got a few known good on the way hopefully.

I'm told it doesn't need setting up, but then how does it know which sensors to monitor, say if it's next to another Maser or passes one on the street?

My symptom is it tries to calibrate, but goes through pics of tyres with exclamation marks on the display, and just does the normal 'TPMS Failure' 'Go to dealer' $$$$$ message. I don't get anything at all cycling through the screen on the driver panel for TPMS, not even a warning or zero pressure on all four. Makes me think it's been turned off with the SD3 now.....

conaero

Forum Owner
It’s possible it could be a shock absorber bush, they squeak going over speed bumps and are a common fault.

Yep, dribble some oil in the lower shock mount, same on Sparts car I sorted for him.

Obviously, keep it away from the brake linings.

bigbob

I see that Maserati do a kit for this including the two bushes that go in the lower suspension arm and the ball joint that goes in the bottom of the shock. Has anyone had this fitted and is the ball joint easy to get out/put in the new one? Thanks.

bigbob

Further update on this (if anyone is watching). Rang the dealer and they said it is 1.2 hour’s a corner to do the front shock bush/ball joint kit and not difficult. So my local guy is going to give it a go.

Gazcw

Starting to annoy me now, car is in for service next week so I'll get them to look at it but I wonder if anyone ITK re QPV has any pointers?

1. First summer with car

4. Not there on stat up overnight nor for a good while, only after a good few miles I can hear it.

6. It's a definite squeaky bed sound, like when you are shagging. Just did to see if profanity filter catches sh4gg1ng.

7. N/S front sounds like

Another thing is I've been ragging the car a bit lately, I'm not a boy racer and never really boot any decent car I've had, just like to know its there but got tempted to floor it, kin 'ell I know it's a 2 ton luxury 4-door but my God it shifted! Had a 3.6 ltr. Cadillac CTS before and it totally puts that in the shade. And it goes round corners flat as a pancake unlike the Caddy which leaned 45 degrees.....

Just wish it would stop squeaking. And the TMPS light was gone. And the driver window would go up properly.

So that's a negative and a positive, need a positive now just so I can have a positive.
It is probably a broken weld and the front and rear halves of the car are rubbing together. Gaffer tape should sort it.

stevo

1. First summer with car

7. N/S front sounds like

Mine was the anti tool bar bush. A bit of WD40 fixed it

Jay p

On the subject of suspension issues can anyone tell me where is best to source a complete front Bush kit for my gran turismo. Anyone in the UK likely to hold stock.

conaero

Forum Owner
On the subject of suspension issues can anyone tell me where is best to source a complete front Bush kit for my gran turismo. Anyone in the UK likely to hold stock.
Yes we do and the only ones doing the aftermarket ones as ES stopped doing them.

£310 plus VAT for both front upper and lower sets, fitting £440 plus vat and you are going to need a full Geo at £140 plus VAT.

Sometimes the bolts seize in the bush and have to be cut out, uppers are a tenner each, lower camber bolts more like £80 each.

Also, you need the factory tool to do the job otherwise you will have no chance of doing it...we of course have that tool.

SportsItalia
02380 695324

bigbob

Yes we do and the only ones doing the aftermarket ones as ES stopped doing them.

£310 plus VAT for both front upper and lower sets, fitting £440 plus vat and you are going to need a full Geo at £140 plus VAT.

Sometimes the bolts seize in the bush and have to be cut out, uppers are a tenner each, lower camber bolts more like £80 each.

Also, you need the factory tool to do the job otherwise you will have no chance of doing it...we of course have that tool.

SportsItalia
02380 695324

Good one. Matt, is there a special tool needed to get the bushes/ball joint done at the bottom of the front shocks? Thanks

Jay p

Fecker I ordered a set of OEM today at a cost just short of £800 all in from sportsperformance wish I was more patient.

conaero

Forum Owner
Good one. Matt, is there a special tool needed to get the bushes/ball joint done at the bottom of the front shocks? Thanks
No just a standard press.

But you have to release the top wishbone bushes to get the shock out so would be madness not to replace them at the same time.

The upper front bush is rubbish, the rear much stronger.

On my Strad I run the stronger rear bush at the front too. It’s transformed the handling.