New Rubber all round

Scaf

Decided to change the tyres all round as the rears were shot and one of the fronts had a large puncture repair.

Opted for Vredestein Ultra Vorti which I have had on a few cars including my Aston DB7 V12 and have been happy with all round grip and wear

Really happy with them compared to the P Zero and a fair price to boot

Untitled by Sam ., on Flickr

Untitled by Sam ., on Flickr

CatmanV2

My word they are a reasonable price aren't they. Whats the difference between the Vorti and the Vorti - R?

Cheers

C

Scaf

My word they are a reasonable price aren't they. Whats the difference between the Vorti and the Vorti - R?

Cheers

C

One was in stock in the UK and one wasn’t ....... seriously I have no idea .......

RW3200

Cheers

C

Usually the 'R' tyre is a more focused tyre, therefore it will have a slightly stiffer construction and a more focused operating temperature.
Basically, your all round tyre will cope well with a wide range of temperatures. The more focused you go the narrower your optimum temperature range becomes. 'R' tyres usually need to be at the upper end to get the best out of them and may feel a bit vague, even skittish at low temperatures. They may have a higher load and speed rating to be able to handle more force at pace but imagine the weight of our cars they would be at the higher end with the normal summer tyre.
Therefore the 'R' versions probably best suited for those doing the odd track day and have alternative tyres for the colder months.
A bit general but hope it helps.

R

TimR

My rears are close to the limit and I await delivery today of two Ultrac Vorti ( no, that's not a typo !)
Just £105 , delivered, for each 265/35-18...It was a decision between these, and Eagle F1's. Saving £50 deffo helped! And they match the fronts . AND, they are Giugaro designed...! :thumb1:
Whilst they may not have the greatest performance in the wet, Im happy to have summer tyres, and happy to wear them out at this price too....! :shy2: