Battery Isolator

Wanderer

My QP doesn't have one, anyone have the one they are normally delivered with (I understand MD generally remove them)?

Or a source, or a proven third party decent one that's a straight fit? Every time I do the reconnect after a reset the sparking frightens the pants off me especially with petrol tank so close....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

conaero

Forum Owner
GT is the same, it has a grey speed release clip on the negative, cant say I've seen any sparking when I changed the battery (twice) a few weeks ago.

Wanderer

GT is the same, it has a grey speed release clip on the negative, cant say I've seen any sparking when I changed the battery (twice) a few weeks ago.

No, what I'm saying is my QP doesn't have it, guess it was removed as I understand MD's generally do as part of the pre-delivery process. So I have to unbolt the cable from either the battery (fingers too fat) or from the body, where it sparks a bit.

conaero

Forum Owner
I would simply get an auto electrician to cut off the current plug and crimp and solder on a new quick release negative connector.

Wanderer

I would simply get an auto electrician to cut off the current plug and crimp and solder on a new quick release negative connector.

Probs best, looking on eBay there's all sorts of cheap ****...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

CatmanV2

I don’t know, I read it either on here or maseratilife....

Seems very unlikely. I'd go with Matt's suggestion and get a quick release terminal fitted. Not surprised things get sparky if you're using the earthing bolt.

C