Evo 249 - Richard Porter

philw696

For this reason I enjoy Harry's Garage on a regular basis as he reviews so many and also owns such a variety too.

safrane

This month is almost totally devoted to the 911...again.

If that car did not exist what would they do for content?.... Oh wait it would be the M range.

Wayne1

"I was hoping someone would bite. Most of us on here have owned a selection of cars and are drawn to Maserati for reasons that many other people cannot understand."

I guess they are the Sheep - we are not. Maserati do not market themselves anything like BMW / Merc / Audi / Porsche - so the sheep are not exposed to the marque in the same way. If they stepped out of their well trodden path and experienced Maserati I think many would find a very accessible, competent, driveable and technically competitive range of vehicles.

MrMickS

I had a Levante for a week when my car was in for a service last year. Ditto driven loads of Ghiblis and QPVIs in previous years. I like them but most people who express an interest and pay compliments find something to put them off before they part with this sort of cash on anything out of the ordinary and Maserati UK sales volumes support this.

Do we know of Maserati are disappointed with UK sales figures? The last ones I saw were online with their projections. They don't want to flood the market as they wouldn't be able to support them with the current dealer network. It would also make them less exclusive and that would act as a brake on price.

bigbob

Do we know of Maserati are disappointed with UK sales figures? The last ones I saw were online with their projections. They don't want to flood the market as they wouldn't be able to support them with the current dealer network. It would also make them less exclusive and that would act as a brake on price.

If they sold half as many or twice as many it would not matter, they are exclusive whichever - tiny numbers. As for availability the last time I was in my local dealer they had two parking spots for Ferrari and Maserati customers as the rest of the car park was full of new Maserati stock 'available now'. If anyone knows the complex at Edinburgh, they had even had to suspend the drive through bit of the car park too for the same reason. For those of us who take the time to have a look they are compelling cars, trouble is most people cannot be bothered due to the plethora of reasons that will put them off between hearing the Classic FM advert and making the effort to have a drive.

Andyk

This month is almost totally devoted to the 911...again.

If that car did not exist what would they do for content?.... Oh wait it would be the M range.

I enjoyed this months EVO.....Enjoyed their Porsche bits this month. shame there wasn't more M range in there ........