Finally made the decision to sell the GS.

Panicracing

After a couple of months of deliberation I have decided that over the summer I will be looking on putting my GS up for sale and if any forum members are interested before I get round to posting a full ad please PM me and I will give you my mobile to have a chat.

The car is known on the forum and attended many events over my 5 years of ownership, she has 103k miles on her but dont let that put you off, she is is stunning condition and wants for nothing with much money spent on her in my ownership. Just a brief outline below.

2005 GS in Med blue with full Grigio leather interior.

Full service history with all supporting paperwork and invoices from new.

Reg V8 PNX (not included in sale) you can check MOT online as just been done.

Full Larini exhaust including rear boxes (original will go with car)

Carbon Fibre paddles and FD DBW fitted

Indoor and outdoor covers

Both front and rear suspension and brakes fully overhauled to include all bushes, wheel bearing, discs, pads and Goodridge hoses, all dampers stripped and checked and fitted with new springs, every nut, bolt and washer replaced.

Complete brand new clutch fitted at MD Dick Lovett, I think it was at 6% at the 2017 service, and I have not even done a 1k miles since then.

Wheels in unmarked Grigio Mercury with new Michelin PSS.

I could go on for ages with all works and fettering done over the years but this will be detailed in the ad.

This is a fully sorted GS in the condition of a 30k mile car and an opportunity for somebody to get into a GS at close to 4200 money, if this car had 30k miles I would looking around £30k mark but with the mileage reflected in sale I will be in the region of offers over £20k.

Both the MD Dick Lovett and my indie (ex Dick Lovett master tech) here in Swindon know the car and have always said how good she is for the mileage, after all for here age, its only 8k miles a year from new, in the real world below average mileage but we are so hung up on the mileage issue in the UK.

No rush to sell and will not be giving her away.

Last edited:

Contigo

Sponsor
Can vouch for Paul's car after having seen it on many occasions. Stunning and as he says does not show the miles at all!

Panicracing

Cheers Phil. Yes it's a cracking GS and an opportunity for somebody to own a GS at a good price. Just not using it now due to some health issues and soon to be changes at work with possible house move so seems sad to see it sat in my unit when somebody could be enjoying it.
Can vouch for Paul's car after having seen it on many occasions. Stunning and as he says does not show the miles at all!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

redsonnylee

That’s a lovely car but I’m biased esp with the colour. Assuming both boxes are valved if you do decide to sell either I’d be interested.

Best wishes on the sale.

Panicracing

That's a lovely car but I'm biased esp with the colour. Assuming both boxes are valved if you do decide to sell either I'd be interested.

Best wishes on the sale.
The car will definatly be up for sale but at the moment a lot going on and need to travel to Scotland next week for a family bereavement. When back I will be posting ad at some point. Larini rear boxes are valved as well.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Panicracing

After a chat and taking some advice from Richard Grace I will be removing the Larini exhaust system and this will be sold separately, car will be up for £18k and I see some members are interested in the exhaust as per previous posts so will be offered first but I would like to sell all 3 items together.

Car is going in for service soon so most likely have the system removed then.

Larini Secondary Race Pipes LA0085SRACEP £500.00
Larini Club sport Centre section (X Pipe) LA0078CSCENT £200.00
Larini Club Sport Valved rear boxes with valve control LA0054CSRSVC £1500.00

Take all 3 £2000.00

All the above are in perfect condition with little use and will be removed from car by Maserati indy.

Attachments

• 20180702_120801.jpg
    20180702_120801.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 20180702_120809.jpg
    20180702_120809.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 20180702_120826.jpg
    20180702_120826.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 22

rockits

Will this fit on my late 2007 US header spec 4200? I expect it would but would anyone know?

Did you get the price right on the rear boxes @ 1500 if the new Larini price is 1677? Or is that each? Or a pair?

D Walker

I suspect yes, but yours sounds fine as it is, guess you would have to do something about the valve side of things..

Panicracing

The headers need to have the cats combined within the header, you will also have secondary cats as well after these as these can also be removed and replaced with the race pipe sections as not monitored by the O2 sensors. Larini price is £2k and mine have not even been out in the rain. Like new.

rockits

I suspect yes, but yours sounds fine as it is, guess you would have to do something about the valve side of things..
It does sound good but not sure if I'm getting old but it is a little too loud for me not having the valved option. Took her for a golf weekend run to Cromer & back at the weekend and it was a little too much on the motorway. Bear in mind I have straight through secondary decat section & no rear boxes with straight pipes.

Larini do a remote valved option that I could add. Also gives the option of being in sport with valves closed & vice versa so best of both worlds.

Mmmm.....

rockits

The headers need to have the cats combined within the header, you will also have secondary cats as well after these as these can also be removed and replaced with the race pipe sections as not monitored by the O2 sensors. Larini price is £2k and mine have not even been out in the rain. Like new.
Thanks. Mine has the US headers with attached primary CATS so should be the correct set up.

I'll have a think as would need to sell my secondary decat sections and straight through rear section to recoup some of that outlay as it wouldn't make sense otherwise.

As I have facelift rear bumper same as GS and GS style US headers I guess my setup would work on any GS as well. Interesting for GS owners I guess.

rockits

Ah...I think that 1677 price is ex VAT.

TimR

In a previous thread, I think I established that without secondary cats (us spec cars) you’re likely to fall foul of MOT regs re: emissions !

rockits

In a previous thread, I think I established that without secondary cats (us spec cars) you’re likely to fall foul of MOT regs re: emissions !
Mine has secondary CAT delete & US spec headers & has passed it's MOT no problem each year for the last 2 maybe 3 years so it is possible to do the mods & be OK.

Panicracing

Never had any issues with emissions even with new 2018 changes. Always well within limits and car has 103k miles on her.