RADO Watches

Delmonte

Love Rado. Wanted one for years and finally splurged a grand on one 5 years ago. I find them elegant, subtle, different but very very tough, though they can look very dressy and almost feminine. Certainly an antidote to your hackneyed Breitling/Rolex pseudo aviator or diver style brick - on-the-wrist.
Their USP is high tech, light weight scratch resistant materials like ceramics, tungsten, titanium.
Those that know watches tell me the build and movements are very good quality. Downside for some is that they are quartz not mechanical. Mine does have an appetite for batteries, I've been through 2 and that's with sending it away for originals through dealers.
Some people don't like that they are part of swatch group... But so are Longines, Omega and many many others that folk don't realise.
I do have worries they might be going more mainstream with recent designs

EnzoMC

Love Rado. Wanted one for years and finally splurged a grand on one 5 years ago. I find them elegant, subtle, different but very very tough, though they can look very dressy and almost feminine. Certainly an antidote to your hackneyed Breitling/Rolex pseudo aviator or diver style brick - on-the-wrist.
Their USP is high tech, light weight scratch resistant materials like ceramics, tungsten, titanium.
Those that know watches tell me the build and movements are very good quality. Downside for some is that they are quartz not mechanical. Mine does have an appetite for batteries, I've been through 2 and that's with sending it away for originals through dealers.
Some people don't like that they are part of swatch group... But so are Longines, Omega and many many others that folk don't realise.

going to collect the Rado next month so misses is counting the days...

whereskeith

Let me know what model watch he want and i will get the price here, in Gib watches are cheaper (no Vat) unless you want a Rolex..

EnzoMC

spoken to Rado (switzerland) who have the watch and it seems cheaper than here in the UK however I've been told that they will need to add export tax ! which then makes it a little more expensive - Doh! take it this is the norm if buying something over a set amount. I've check the GOV website and no import taxes (as its personal use)

I've also been requested to stop in Paris on the way back - its the French VERY EXPENSIVE TOLLS that I'm not looking forward to...

EnzoMC

well we got to Switzerland, got the watch and misses loves it - thanks all for your comments...

the trip was even better (well from my side) drove the alps again (awesome) and then over to the Pyrenees which had great views and some good roads but just wasn't the alps...

in this trip we drove on a lot of roads, the French roads were the worst if not on tolls roads, Switzerland and Italy were some of the best. when back in the UK going home I notice how bad some of our motorway roads were in comparison....

we only saw 4x Maserati (3 of them were the SUV), 3x Astons (gorgeous DBS), 1x Lambo SV :) and 2x Ferrari (I followed F50 - oh wow !!!! sadly lost him on a road about due to traffic)

Satnav took us through the mont blanc tunnel and at the other end asked us to do a U turn - are you joking.... !!!! turned it off and just carried on :)

we did over 3,000 miles in 10days and the GS didn't miss a beat (the worry for me was the mileage getting closer to 80k). my car had a service before we left and the plan was to get the GS fresh oil and a check over but as you may know from the other thread FTech are not taking customers so will be talking to the other indy...

would have loved to do this with the group again.... had an awesome time and what a car...

GS-enzomc.jpg

the GS is all washed and cleaned, back in bed for a few years to soak up the miles

EnzoMC

Thanks Voicey will call you mid-Aug for the check-up. forgot to ask that I would also like various oil changes

iainw

Couldn’t agree more with this. I wear a rado as my daily. Had it for years and love it. I prefer to spend money on cars than watches. I love my Santos too- but too big for day to day and the Rado is more understated.

EnzoMC

hi guys - do you insure your watches on your content or do you have a seperate policy ?

EnzoMC

just had a quote of £90 extra... asked to review policy and got discount of £350+ - well happy with that but also pi$$ed that I had to ask about discount...

doodlebug

Why a Rado specifically? For £2k there are better, stronger, more daily durable watches out there. Tag, Longines, Baume & Mercier...... Just a few to consider.
I've got a Rado True Men's watch and a Tag Carrera, both automatic. I wear them both daily and have done for several years, not at the same time I hasten to add.

The Rado is much tougher than the Tag and it keeps much better time. The Tag case is scratched, the strap is falling apart and the automatic mechanism doesn't keep the watch running for as long as it used to. The Rado is completely unmarked, no doubt due to the ceramic coating.

The Tag does look better especially after a service, but it should, it was twice the price!

CatmanV2

LWR in London are very good for service and rather more kindly priced. I had one of my Breitlings serviced and re-furbished recently. Came back looking like new. :) The other is in now. Mrs Catman's Cartier has also been done.

Full mail order collection / delivery. Insured up to £20k

I endorse this product or service ;)

C