montravia

Mrs Catman and I have 'linked' plates which are older than my GT

CM 05 MAS
and
RM 05 ALF

Mrs Catman has an 05 Alfa 147

We like them

C

So do I, Cat. Pootled around the MAS ones, can't recall how much of a premium they were.

montravia

I was always of the opinion that personalised plates were ott and really not my thing. Now I've MAS plates and think they're just a bit of harmless fun.

Personally I can see no difference between personalised plates and exhaust systems that split eardrums in the next county.....

Why not have a plate if you fancy it?

PH

Oh! Oh dear.

Now what do I do?

Well one of the things I was contemplating quietly was the exhaust. Nothing much, decats, X pipe, 4 barrel valved.

So, personalised number plate with my initials was just the tip.

Nah..........

Seriously, I've fallen for the Maserati because of her grace and elegance; I'm not asking for anything 'Look at ME, ME, ME'

Just the four pot valved exhaust................

montravia

I hate how all plates ruin the front of a car and at times the rear.

Get as short a number/letters as possible and shrink the plate if you can.

Also keep the 4.2, its lovely and any swap will cost far more than any gain due to low px and dealers profit.

You are b!oody right, Peter.

I'll wrap this up in a bit

D Walker

I've been looking, had DW55 MAS on my 4200, which was a 55 plate, no good for my 05 GS tho, didn't really do much thinking there did I, oh well, was only 250 quid.......I've seen 345 DW coming up at auction but it's a bit pricey....

montravia

.........and certainly don't worry about what people think, they mostly think your showing off owning a Maserati anyway ! We

I don't care what people think, blossom, I've an acute infliction known as individualism.

But showing off isn't me.

She does attract smiles ( we all are familiar with the stop in mid step, the head turning round, the silent mouthing 'M A S E R A T I', and smile spreading through the eyes.

I have her because she's different, I have her because she's a work of art, I have her because she's a secret of design without compromise. Speed and elegance............................

I can't abide in-your-face labels/design/clubs/tribes. As far as I can, everything around me has to fall softly on the eye, and always has been: owned/associated with/partnered from cars, through aeroplanes, steam engines, mathematics, physics, art, music, homes, wives and partners.

La Ragazza is so.

montravia

It's alwAys been an issue in the uk, hence the August rush of newly registered cars. A bit daft really. Here in Sweden, it's just three numbers and three letters. You can't tell the age via the plate. They should really do this in the uk too.

Yup, ver ver silly.

montravia

Sounds to me, like a Northern Ireland plate is the way to go. You can see an example on my profile pic. They are geographically linked with one letter indicating the registration year, but I guarantee you that nobody outside Northern Ireland will know the year of the plate and few will even know it's a N.I. plate.
All have three preceeding letters. Those with four random numbers are as cheap as chips.
Repetitive numbers, numbers in sequence or fewer numbers, like DAZ 1 will cost more.
You can probably buy what you want from DVLA. As well as online entities offering their own.
Wikipedia explains the Northern Ireland system well. Going this route, you can have what you want and it shouldn't cost much. Never priced MAZ plates, but then paying for something I can have for free, never was ma thang ;)

Thanks, I'll take another look

montravia

Well, I didn't expect that, or only bits....

Thank you all.

I think as Peter said, I'd be silly, nay, ver silly to trade her in for a filly.

20170407_170707edit.jpg

You see, although she was the first GT I saw, an impulse buy, I don't think I'd have done it if she wasn't right.

I think that I'd have difficulty in finding a replacement since there are so many elements which I'd wish to replicate:-
The colour is perfect, especially in changing light.
The interior is perfect spec: The cream, plain stitching.
The wheels, are the subtle ones where you have to know to see the Trident.
4.2 is fine for me.
Automatic is fine for me.
There's a few things that would make her perfect, and I'll cost up some ROM's just to satisfy myself (plunged once too many times into 'renovation' open ended)

I'll open a debate about options.

Thanks again chaps: all good sense.

I don't care what people think, blossom, I've an acute infliction known as individualism.

But showing off isn't me.

She does attract smiles ( we all are familiar with the stop in mid step, the head turning round, the silent mouthing 'M A S E R A T I', and smile spreading through the eyes.

I have her because she's different, I have her because she's a work of art, I have her because she's a secret of design without compromise. Speed and elegance............................

I can't abide in-your-face labels/design/clubs/tribes. As far as I can, everything around me has to fall softly on the eye, and always has been: owned/associated with/partnered from cars, through aeroplanes, steam engines, mathematics, physics, art, music, homes, wives and partners.

La Ragazza is so.

Couldn't have put it better Robin. When you have presence, you don't have to shout.

On the advice of someone here (apologies - drug addled brain) I took out the middle silencer and had two steel pipes welded in to replace it. Cost me £250 I think. In a very reputable local indy.
I now have the sound of 'sport mode' without the shortened throttle response etc and when pressing the sport button it gets really 'barky' with the other sport mode bits n bobs.
Possibly worth trying, before you spend lots. Easily reversed. And apologies for the postscript.

zagatoes30

Don't have problem with dateless plates the SZ came with the NI plate SZ 9136, which the original owner informed me was SZ 91 year, 3 litre, V 6 - whatever it had it and it can stay there.

We have 3 dateless plates all W6JHK, W7JHK & W8JHK - JHK are the initials of the smalls and 6, 7 & 8 are the year plus 2000 each of them was born - the plan is to put each one on their first cars respectively - they were all cheap ones from DVLA

Wanderer

Don't have problem with dateless plates the SZ came with the NI plate SZ 9136, which the original owner informed me was SZ 91 year, 3 litre, V 6 - whatever it had it and it can stay there.

We have 3 dateless plates all W6JHK, W7JHK & W8JHK - JHK are the initials of the smalls and 6, 7 & 8 are the year plus 2000 each of them was born - the plan is to put each one on their first cars respectively - they were all cheap ones from DVLA

They're not dateless tho are they? W reg is about 2000 I think...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GeoffCapes

Here's my two.
The missus bought me Y16 as that's the year we got married and MDB are obviously my initials.
D3294994-3046-45BB-B4B9-3A2148CB1322.jpg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
... MDB are obviously my initials.

“D” for Dorothy!

My old MA53 GTS plate was a standard cheapo DVLA jobby. I liked it because it was a bit of fun. StevieP recently saw WH12 POP on a Fiat 500, which is a fabulous plate, especially for BFG fans. I personally like plates which make me smile, but some are just a bit too contrived, or can be a bit naff. I saw a RR Ghost (I think - bloody great barge) with the number plate CLA55Y. Ironic? Who knows!

Corranga

They've never really interested me, though I had a look when I bought the Maserati to hide the age. Decided it doesn't bother me and moved on.

If / when I have a new enough car, I can buy a plate pretty close to my name for 400 right now.
My surname is Hall so 11 ALL, with first and middle initial. My dad has his like this, but again, still not sure if I'd bother..

Wanderer

Jimmy Tarbuck has COM1C which is a blatant case of representation....

I saw B5 years ago on a crappy Astra I think in Leeds, and I always thought Bury plate (unreleased) PEN1S should be allowed but only on a BMW or Audi.

alfatwo

“D” for Dorothy!

My old MA53 GTS plate was a standard cheapo DVLA jobby. I liked it because it was a bit of fun. StevieP recently saw WH12 POP on a Fiat 500, which is a fabulous plate, especially for BFG fans. I personally like plates which make me smile, but some are just a bit too contrived, or can be a bit naff. I saw a RR Ghost (I think - bloody great barge) with the number plate CLA55Y. Ironic? Who knows!

Here your go, this was on my Fiat 500 when I bought it :smile:

IMG_1343.jpg

Dave

Lozzer

Often thought about a plate for the 3200 V111 TPO was cheap £ last time I looked, a work colleague's new vw polo came with PY15 CHO when he bought it, which I thought was quite cool but he just couldn't see it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk