Kyalami

davy83

looks like a pretty nice car for sure. Trouble is its already a rare and collectable car so you would have to not drive it to maintain its value? Or is it a bit too late for that since its already got 100k on the clock. looks it great condition for the age.

outrun

A friend has one of these amongst other classic Maserati. I love it, looks so De Tomaso meets AC meets Maserati. Perhaps a little expensive though?

BuckRog64

With anything from the '60s out of reach these 1970's designs are looking more attractive. Goodness knows what it's worth as so little to compare it to. I guess that despite its rarity the mileage will limit value to a collector (is it 100k miles or kms though?). With that manual box it's a car to use imo.

Don't think it can be driven home as "recent MOT" certificate appears to have expired a couple of years ago!

safrane

If you think 3200 parts are hard to source hate to think of how you keep this type of car running?

Ewan

Good job my diary is not full for that day. I can feel a trip to Historics coming on!

Team GCR

Luckily/Unfortunately I cant buy any more cars until I have built somewhere for what I already have at the new house!

Hurricane52

First Maserati I ever had a ride in. I’ll never forget the noise as we gunned it through the high street in Market Harborough. We’d just had a go in a 308GTS which was tame in comparison. Mid eighties. Please buy it. Deserves to be driven.

zagatoes30

Love the Kyalami come close a couple of times but the ones I was looking at needed TLC and they are hard to bring back. Depends on what it makes but lower estimate would seem about right for a RHD Manual even with that mileage

merak1974

Apart from being a RHD, it is an absolute bargain. It would probably fetch twice as much elsewhere in Europe.

alfatwo

looks like a pretty nice car for sure. Trouble is its already a rare and collectable car so you would have to not drive it to maintain its value? Or is it a bit too late for that since its already got 100k on the clock. looks it great condition for the age.

Bit like a nice old 3200 GT then Davy.. :wink:

Dave

dgmx5

Did this get picked up today by anyone on here? Not personally interested but curious as to how much it went for as lots of the lots appear not to have sold or were bottom of estimate. Is there a softening in the auction market?

Last edited:

Nibby

Did this get picked up today by anyone on here? Not personally interested but curious as to how much it went for your as lots of th lots appear not to have sold or were bottom of estimate. Is there softening in the auction market?

Sold for £33600
The Bi-turbo Spyder made £9250

BuckRog64

The Kyalami looked straight with recentish repaint from blue but was misfiring, spurting oil and covered in underseal underneath.

The Biturbo was not a very nice example imo.

Most cars sold for under the low estimate (before buyers premium).