Anyone been to Vegas?

BL330

I visited Vegas this week and did end up going to Speed Vegas driving the yellow Lamborghini Huracan and the red Ferrari 458 on their track.

Speed Vegas.jpg

I hit the same top speed in each on their straight 141.1 mph which they said was about max you can reach.
I much preferred the 458 as it was lighter and quicker to steer, felt it had less weight behind ( V8 vs V10 ), was more forgiving and had a higher rev limit at 9,000 rpm.
A great experience driving these cars at full throttle gear changes on a track!

Also visited Formula Dynamics -

Formula Dynamics showroom 1.jpgFormula Dynamics showroom 2.jpg

I ordered the anti roll bars, Larini H Pipe and Connecting pipes so I'll have a full stainless system.

midlifecrisis

Sorry to sound unimpressed but 141 isn't THAT fast in one of those cars unless the track had a short straight.
At Bruntingthorpe we were getting around 150 before braking at the end rather hard!

However, a friend of mine did a NASCAR driving experience in Vegas and even with one car on the track the sound was phenomenal. Not sure what top speed he did but the experience would have been very different to Maserati driving.

Phil the Brit

They had a serious crash there recently. two people died. There is a lot of chatter about the venue being unsafe with too little run off areas I believe

BL330

The straight is longer than the Speedway site which is on the other side of town, but that was about max velocity in the distance available.
As a result of the crash they enforce third gear at the hairpin before the straight.
It was really crying out for 2nd but that driver lost it under hard acceleration.
There was no point where I even thought about needing run off areas.
Just huge fun.