New QP5. TPMS Failure..! Error code reading software/handset?

MC_Bob

Hi guys,
Picked up a Quattroporte, and a few niggles, but main one is pressure monitoring system.
Previous owner bought 4 new sensors but couldn't pair them. As far as im concerned, after trying calibration, it fails within 10 seconds, which leads me to believe it isnt even getting to the stage of pairing sensors.

Is there software/handhelds that people are using that will help with this? I realise there is more to it than just the receiver and transmitters so would rather use some data to help push me in the right direction.

Cheers!

Nathan

Wanderer

It is likely to be the TPMS ECU which is about £300 or £400 or so.

I just bought one for 25 quid from USA as mine is the same. I also bought one from Germany for 130 quid as the US one seemed a bit dodgy, if I end up with two I'll PM. I have also heard it can be the plug contacts, remove and clean and you might be in in luck.

It's a pig to get to, driver footwell, mat up, panel off, top ECU off (TPMS one is underneath, held on with two copper nuts, one easy to reach and get off, the other almost bloody impossible without extremely thin but strong pliers or ratchet bar. There is literally no room.

US system is different I believe, certainly the sensors don't work in UK/EU spec cars.

MC_Bob

I look forward to hearing you then mate!
Will pull up the panel and have a look. Just repaired some wiring that had corroded, so might be lucky..!?

CatmanV2

Cheers,
Any way of knowing for sure with equipment at home? Read online a US member fixed his by replacing a temperature sensor in his wing mirror..!?

I think that may have been me, and not quite true. The TPMS needs the exterior temperature to work out if a pressure differential is due to temperature or something else. My mirror was torn off. Are you getting external temperature reading?

C

Wanderer

The Autel AP200 reader I just bought it says on mine (which isn't working either) something like 'no voltage on pin 30' - I'll check it again but TBH I've learned to live without it.

rs48635

If the sensors have been replaced (recently) ensure the old items are left behind on the calibration trip. Thought mine had totally died until I discard the one I kept in the boot 'Just-in-case'

Phil the Brit

If the sensors have been replaced (recently) ensure the old items are left behind on the calibration trip. Thought mine had totally died until I discard the one I kept in the boot 'Just-in-case'

Are saying I should have left the old ones in the car or not leave them in the car?

Phil the Brit

Gotcha, didn't do that, only four sensors on the wheels, the old ones discarded. A friend checked with code reader and got P0100/ACTIV fault which apparently is the TPMS ECU fault.