ABS, MSP warning lights

halbe01

Hi all,

I made a small blunder this week when leaving the GS in a new garage with a new solar battery charger - it was there just a couple of days but I connected to the charger anyway. However now I have some warning lights on the dash. I connected an ODB2 reader via an iPhone app and it reported no faults.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas to check whether there really is a problem and/or reset the warnings, before I pop it down to the dealer?

Photo of the lights below - feel free to stand on your head while viewing it.

Thanks
Ben.

2DBFB380-C75C-4BC4-AC39-44147A6827AA.jpg

safrane

Back in the day with my first 2003 4200 cc I hada few MSP off lights on the switch.

Always dissappear after a restart.

I would do a battery reset - if you have no errors recorded I suspect low battery problems.

If it comes back it may be the ABS sensor in the hub which is a common error.

conaero

Forum Owner
Yes, tick tack toe three in a diagonal...active ride/MSP/ABS

It’s a right nasty one to find, you’ve blown the 50p diode in the looms up to your bridge can unit above the accelerator under the dash, I’ll look out the post for you.

rs48635

Have tried one of these solar panel chargers on the QP but gave up as it seemed ineffective. Maybe I got lucky, although my car was wired by a nice Ferrari trained lady so likely better spaghetti was used.

Bet the 3200 wired up to solar charger would fill up a fault light, on the sun.

halbe01

Thanks Matt - I’ve done some searches but not found any more on this. If you can point me (aka the garage I take it to!) in the right direction that would be great.

safrane

I recall Marios at Autoshield telling me about this.

It requires the removal of the main power loom and searching it inch by inch as the diod is not in a set point in the wires.

Absolutely the most stupid set up for a car.

Contigo

Sponsor
Had this on the GTS today, ASR unavailable, "check suspensions" ( thought it was an Indian call center guy telling me ) and a simple key off and on again fixed it :D

halbe01

All booked in for next week - I'll report back if this is indeed the same thing!

conaero

Forum Owner
Good, who with?

Here it the drawing:

can_unit.jpg

From memory, there are two multiplugs that go into the underside of the unit and one on the top of the Bridge Can unit (item 1).

Its mounted on the bulkhead above the accelerator pedal and a bit of a reach to get to.

Of the two on the underside, if you remove the larger one and strip the harness sheilding all the way back, you will see the diode (I think then again wrapped a second time) which is soldered inline.

Its a simple fix but a nightmare if you don't know about it. Its not listed by Maserati in any of the parts drawing nor is it orderable from them so you would be wise to turn up with a couple of them.

http://uk.futureelectronics.com/en/...tandard-rectifiers/Pages/8643058-1N4004G.aspx

https://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/on-semiconductor/1N4004G/1N4004GOS-ND/1485474

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/rectifier-schottky-diodes/7743271/

halbe01

So it went into Autoffcina last week, and the results are in. Turns out it's just a faulty ABS speed sensor on one of the front wheels. So that's a nice simple fix - though the downside is that apparently it's integrated into the hub, and Maserati have had no stock of the part for the past couple of months.

So if anyone knows where I can get a NSF hub bearing assembly for a GS then let me know - otherwise I'll just have to live without ABS and ESC for a while until they finally come back into stock!

Thanks for the advice though Matt - much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben.

conaero

Forum Owner
Ok, must present the same fault symptoms then.

Just so you know, the hub is the same for all 4 corners. Fronts are simple to fit, rears a little more involved.

Fronts always go and the rears rarely so if you are tempted by a used part get a rear hub.

David Askew or Soprano Stu will have loads and would have thought about £150 would procure you one:

www.davidaskew.co.uk

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sopranostu312