After they've gone: The windrush

montravia

6:30 p.m.

That's about right.

Temple Guiting, up over the top, long shadows, skirting the Slaughters, flick up The Fosse

and again rise up on the high road, Fifield, Taynton, on song, road to myself

through Burford, quiet as a ghost, cut off through the Barringtons, follow the Windrush, through Windrush, Sherborne and back onto the Fosse.

Flick north, howling, past Cold Aston, not a soul about, sit on her haunches rising up to Stow.

Flick West, ease gently Upper Swell, and rise up, flick this, flick that, then straight as a di

Back to the source of the Windrush, and home

Fabulous, haven't done it for ages, and the first time in La Ragazza in good weather at dusk.

After they've gone.

safrane

Went by you old neck of the woods last night to the Bell at Sapperton... sadly spoilt having to listen to the bragging rights of some local toff who seamed to have done and been to everything.

Drive was nice.

montravia

Went by you old neck of the woods last night to the Bell at Sapperton... sadly spoilt having to listen to the bragging rights of some local toff who seamed to have done and been to everything.

Drive was nice.

Not me guv. I'd have probably walked in, heard, turned round and walked right out.

alfatwo

Ill be trying a run down the Fosse tomorrow afternoon in the old 3200GT if the new knee holds up!

Dave

safrane

Poss Chipping Campden and the Slaughters... will keep an eye out for you both... not sure which car though.