MOT fail

Rex B

2002 spyders and coupe had the same springs as the 3200, later cars spyders,coupe and GS all had different springs but all the same according to eurospares catalogue. So stories of softer suspension would appear not to be true.

The spyder that Richard has is superb, love the colour and two tone interior, tech cloth looks good in the right colour combination.

Rex B

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I don't think the spyder had different springs, just the 3200/early 4200/early Spyder is one specification, and then the 2003 onwards 4200/Spyder/GS had a different specification of spring.
Why the later spring is so much cheaper than the earlier spring, don't know, or what the difference in spring rates are, again don't know.
I believe the later springs can be fitted to earlier cars though.

Belty

I have been told the early 2002 cars use the 3200 spring which is longer apparently. I was also told they are not interchangeable, not the spring or the shock absorber. The numbers are different on the Eurospares catalogue. Looking at the car on level ground the springs do look slightly bowed so I am wondering if the shorter spring will in fact work, so may have a punt on the £60 item, unless anyone else can add anything to the pot please?