48 Weber IDA Carbs for my 1965 Mustang Coupe

Scaf

Alongside the GTS I also have a 65 Mustang Coupe, 302 V8 fitted with T5 Manual transmission.

Anyway I recently saw and heard, a similar car running a rather eye catching carb set up and fell in love.

So early in May the Coupe goes off to AtSpeed Racing in Essex to have a full set of 48 IDA webers fitted and set up on a rolling road.

Cant wait, they will look and sound awesome, make the car really responsive and add a few BHP (they will also burn fuel like its going out of fashion
and make the car a little less street / traffic friendly, but it will be worth it) - I am very excited :dance:

1965 Mustang Coupe by Sam ., on Flickr

Something like this
8 stack by Sam ., on Flickr

Similar car similar set up
https://youtu.be/m6PqKhMtbvc

Lozzer

That's nice, a bucket lister, the fastback has literally gone through the roof.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Ebenezer

So for the curious but less technically minded what is actually happening? You are replacing once set of carbs for another and tuning the engine. Always wondered what made Webers so special (apart from the chrome loveliness of course!)?
Thanks
Eb

Scaf

So for the curious but less technically minded what is actually happening? You are replacing once set of carbs for another and tuning the engine. Always wondered what made Webers so special (apart from the chrome loveliness of course!)?
Thanks
Eb

You have it one, its the look of the "8 Stack" - real classic racer stuff ... that I have fallen for, but the marginal performance gains will be welcome too

zagatoes30

Love the notchback Mustang, best shape IMO.

Love the carbs, single barrel to each cylinder perfect, short direct manifold tract to get fuel into combustion chamber and there is the induction noise - what's not to love

TridentTested

48s!! That's a serious choke size. It will sound monstrous.

I think the Alfasud had 36 IDFs. The same principal, one choke per cylinder - and I still miss that throttle response.