Grand Tour gossip

highlander

Ok, some will probably already be aware but the Grand Tour trio were up here last week doing a special on the north coast 500 with three old Italian 2 seaters, a fiat, lancia and Alfa. No idea of screening date but if you are thinking of ever doing it, this might be the year because suspect once screened, it will get silly busy next year.

bigbob

Ok, some will probably already be aware but the Grand Tour trio were up here last week doing a special on the north coast 500 with three old Italian 2 seaters, a fiat, lancia and Alfa. No idea of screening date but if you are thinking of ever doing it, this might be the year because suspect once screened, it will get silly busy next year.

Interesting, thanks. I was over cycling at Applecross last summer and it was busy enough. Am due to go back this year, but that will be before it is screened so should be ok!

Angelus

I was part of the show, we were filmed for Jeremy’s birthday party. My car was sitting out front between my lawyers Countach and a friends Delta Integrale, so you’ll see it on the show. Will be screened sometime between October and February ‘19. Second time we’ve been asked to be part of the show and was in the Tent when it was in Fort Augustus for series 1.

midlifecrisis

I was part of the show, we were filmed for Jeremy's birthday party. My car was sitting out front between my lawyers Countach and a friends Delta Integrale, so you'll see it on the show. Will be screened sometime between October and February ‘19. Second time we've been asked to be part of the show and was in the Tent when it was in Fort Augustus for series 1.
You keep your lawyer very busy then, or shouldn't I ask?

Angelus

Paying him far too much, he’s also got a Kamsin, Espada, Ferrari 328 and several Fiats, such Barchetta, X1/9 and 124 Spyder.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Paying him far too much, he’s also got a Kamsin, Espada, Ferrari 328 and several Fiats, such Barchetta, X1/9 and 124 Spyder.

Well, you’re the right side of the bars so maybe you’re paying him the right amount. Look at it that way.

Ewan

That'll be my old Khamsin, in champagne exterior, with cream leather and dark brown carpets. Big mistake of mine to sell Paul that car, but such is life.

Wanderer

I cannot abide Clarkson, sorry.

Anyone see 'Clarkson Island' think it's Harry Enfield and Friends, on youtube, ft. a ruby red QP5....

Angelus

I cannot abide Clarkson, sorry.

No need to apologise, apparently he’s not that keen on you either. Sorry, poor joke.

Funilly enough, 3 of our guys said before hand that they weren’t big fans. After the couple of days filming, they said they’ve completely changed their opinion of him. Off camera they’re all completely different people. I know how I’m going to look on camera, it’s a script and to help with entertainment. Anyway, with his money, he’s that bothered what people think of him, but having spoken to him for a wee while, I think he’s actually quite a nice chap and complete car enthusiast. :laughing:

alfatwo

No need to apologise, apparently he’s not that keen on you either. Sorry, poor joke.

Funilly enough, 3 of our guys said before hand that they weren’t big fans. After the couple of days filming, they said they’ve completely changed their opinion of him. Off camera they’re all completely different people. I know how I’m going to look on camera, it’s a script and to help with entertainment. Anyway, with his money, he’s that bothered what people think of him, but having spoken to him for a wee while, I think he’s actually quite a nice chap and complete car enthusiast. :laughing:

I met him a couple of years ago at a local village fate, he's a nice guy and a complete Italian petrol head!

What you see on TV is completely contrived...

Dave

midlifecrisis

And that's what gets most people, why can't he be himself. I couldn't watch the last series because it just became a parody of itself. To much filler in the films not enough content, contrived jokes.

Top Gear has topped it now.

zagatoes30

Meet him a few years ago, he is a true petrolhead and he does like Italians but the TV persona is grating

Angelus

And that's what gets most people, why can't he be himself. I couldn't watch the last series because it just became a parody of itself. To much filler in the films not enough content, contrived jokes.

Top Gear has topped it now.
That’s why I think we’ve got the best of both worlds now. You can enjoy both, or just one if that’s what you like.

Wack61

I've always thought he's an actor playing a part on TV which grates on a lot of people, saw him live at one of his shows at the NEX about 10 years ago when my son was 9-10 , he was made up when Jeremy said hello to him, didn't get to speak to him though.

Ryandoc

Toured the Scottish highlands 7 times now, even had a letter published about it in a motoring mag.

Forget your stelvios and continental routes. Get to Scotland BUT get higher than Inverness, that’s where it’s at

There’s a beautiful remote spot with a road sign with one of our “Highland Cannonball” stickers on it