maserati quattroporte wont reverse

Saffarito

Hi guys

I took my car Maserati quattroporte 2004 duoselect to maserati dealer here in belarus, and after they changed the clutch and sylinder and bell housing clutch, the car won't reverse.. we have this problem for a long time now, because they are not professional at all here, even they are a maserati dealer, they deal more with new cars...

I have tried to help them, since they sucks at english, not that my english is good, but i mean they can't even say how are you :)

the italians said something about Oil leakage with clutch sv triggered... here i will post picture of all parameters...i hope someone with good knowledge about this stuff can answer me....

thanksIMG-5bb43e0482190029c58d2abeee233b04-V.jpg IMG-541d6e3edeb44b741a788c7f7cf76c13-V#1.jpg IMG-245264c3bcb79c52b59fe9bcc3052710-V.jpg

Wanderer

Can't help (ya ne magu pomoch!) but it does make wonder if I can see if any of my Russian/Belarussian friends can hack/find/acquire a copy of the SD3 software for 2005-2009 ish 0 ie old models, they usually deliver...

Seem to remember it runs on a standard laptop, no sure if it's nodelocked though....

If we could make it so we could share it out....

Saffarito

thank you, (spasiba)... by the way the dealer have the new software for maserati. the problem they can't use it professionally, I need the correct parameters, or what parameteres in pictures are wrong... the italians said something about Oil leakage with clutch sv triggered is high or something, but italians are even more stupid then the rest, cuz they only love to sell cars, but their service is too bad.

voicey

Will it select reverse with the engine off? If yes then the clutch is dragging on the flywheel. With the engine on, select first and then reverse (do not go through neutral).

Those leakage values are nothing to worry about and absolutely nothing to do with the reverse problem.

Saffarito

thanks... the car go to reverse when engine is off...but not when the engine is on... this is what craig also told me...so i hope it can solve the problem, i am not sure if the maserati dealer in minsk/belarus have tried that, because they doesn't sound like professional people...

Will it select reverse with the engine off? If yes then the clutch is dragging on the flywheel. With the engine on, select first and then reverse (do not go through neutral).

Those leakage values are nothing to worry about and absolutely nothing to do with the reverse problem.

Saffarito

After calling the dealer today, they have tried this...i got new news that, when they push the car little bit backward then it goes in reverse, when stopping the car then changing to reverse it won't.. so any suggestion ? thanks

Wack61

It reads to me like voicey has answered your question, the clutch is dragging on the flywheel because it'll go into reverse with the engine off but not with it running

FTECH

Sponsor
Tell your dealer to set the clutch up properly. If they cant see whats wrong with those figures in the first picture, they probably shouldnt be working on these cars.

New clutch closed position 52.72mm

Saffarito

you are right... but after talking to craig so i do understand much more now, why things have gone wrong. dealers are not professional at all on f1 system..i will keep you guys update on what actually went wrong when i get the car on the road again...thanks... see ya guys soon...

Tell your dealer to set the clutch up properly. If they cant see whats wrong with those figures in the first picture, they probably shouldnt be working on these cars.

New clutch closed position 52.72mm

Saffarito

i am not a professional, so when the clutch is dragging on the flywheel, what could be the problem? is it the pressure plate or something like that? please some explanation... this dealer is very new here and they can't work professionally on this cars, only in new cars... and they can't even speak english...

thanks

It reads to me like voicey has answered your question, the clutch is dragging on the flywheel because it'll go into reverse with the engine off but not with it running