Global Gathering in Aus

Masser50

You have to wonder why customs had a hissy fit, they were only going to be in the country briefly and weren’t going to be in OZ long term. You do wonder about commonsense.

MRichards

Although I share sentiments about the alleged level of intelligence in Border Force,the fault lies with the organiser in Queensland who did not properly process the import documentation. If any asbestos was declared in the documentation Border Force may allow importation after attachment of decals to the car alerting the presence of asbestos. So those cars could have been easily imported if the organiser had got his act together.
I found the media release by Border Force inane at best,with the absolute howler,"we are keeping Australia safe from deadly asbestos" giving the lie to the total ignorance of the facts within the bureaucracy.

Asbestos was used in brake pads on some vehicles in times gone by, not sure if this included Maserati or not.
They probably used horses head bones!

Masser50

Frankly Border Force (stupid name for Customs) make the rules hard to comply with, Ive imported two cars and the paperwork was over the top. Maybe the organiser could have managed it better but I’m sure customs were being jobs worths, even more certain given their name. I think it comical the head of Border Farce rightly lost his job for giving his girlfriend a gift of a job there.....