222 4V Australia to USA

94massa

Hi folks

Just found this forum, and thought you might find this interesting. At the moment, my car is on a container ship on its way from Australia to the USA, where I now live on Cape Cod.

I have owned my 222 4V for many years - an Australian delivered Maserati and one of only about 11 RHD cars that were built, with 3 sold in Australia. I am 99% certain it is the last one produced. At the time I couldn't afford a Shamal or Ghibli GT, but now the 222 is quicker than both of them and will out handle them to boot!

Over the years I have gradually rebuilt and upgraded many things, including full custom designed adjustable Koni/King suspension, HD front sway bar and adjustable camber kit - replaces the troublesome electronic Koni standard system - set up is easy for road or track.

Wheels are 18 inch alloy with custom Maserati centres wearing Khumo track/street tyres - 245 front, 265 rear. The upgraded cooling system features a custom made alloy radiator, catch tank, remote oil cooler and filter with stainless braided lines.

Engine uses upgraded custom built Garrett ball-bearing turbo's, replacing the original crappy IHI factory turbo's. Also runs Bosch motorsport fuel pump, uprated fuel injectors, Turbosmart electronic boost controller and custom designed and built alloy intercoolers and pipes, blow off valves, air intakes etc. There is a large bore stainless exhaust system with hi-flow cats and recently added a HD clutch and uprated pressure plate.

Standard computers are fully re-mapped and set up for new turbo system. Car now produces 574Nm torque (same as V10 Lambo Gallado) . With the car weight about the same as a Golf , performance is respectable....

Future plans are new computer set-up, possibly a Motec and will look at fitting a stronger rear end - sick of blowing the diff!

Since the car has been in Aussie storage for four years, I will be going over it thoroughly once it arrives here.

2224v1.jpg
2224v4.jpg
2224v7.jpg
2224v11.jpg
2224v12.jpg
2224v13.jpg

Fair2

Hi, are you going to keep as RHD. Also can it be driven on US roads in RHD?
Robert

94massa

Probably keep as is. I still drive on the left here anyway, much to the annoyance of the locals!