Ordering Little Parts From Scuderia - Minimum Order Value

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I needed a few screws and bits for my QP, so I put a part number into Google and came to the Scuderia website, which seemed really good. I happily spent 10 minutes putting together an order, but at checkout got the message: "Your order does not meet the minimum threshold of £100.00. Please increase your order subtotal by at least £77.39 in order to checkout." Which was a bit tiresome. So I gave them a call, and they said this was because people didn't like paying delivery charges on small orders, but that they would be happy to take my order over the phone. So I read out all the part numbers, and they are processing the order and will post me the bits.

A bit of a strange process - but it worked in the end.

Maybe everyone knows this. Or maybe you know a better source of little parts....

Scuderia Parts.jpg

Corranga

Seems a little odd.
Does the website add postage after the fact once they find out what it is, rather than giving an upfront cost? I've had that before - order a dozen bolts or screws in stupid Lotus specific sizes. Get a bill for 3 times a much as they automatically send it next day courier for 15 quid ;)

I could imagine it leads to some complaints as most would assume a jiffy bag and £1.90 of stamps would probably do it!

redsonnylee

Thanks for the tip, I've wanted to order small items but got caught with the minimum order so I'll call next time.

GeoffCapes

Eurospares are just as bad with the cost of their postage. That's if you ever get what you order on line.

Always better to ring them.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
All sorted - once you have read all the part numbers over the phone, and got the email order confirmation out of your spam folder, you can pay online. Delivery was £3.95. Silly that you can't just do it online.