It ain't no Maser, bruv

iainw

A few years ago I was having serious 599 lust but couldn't afford one. A decent one then was £90k. Now I still can't afford one!

You won’t miss one with yours though adam. Stunning spec, V12 growl and all the mod cons.
Both lovely cars but you probably wouldn’t want to drive a 599 a lot. I bet it’s a blast when you take one out though!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Today, as the roads were less greasy and 'orrid, I slapped a GoPro on the blunt end and then knocked together this hashed up edit:

[video=youtube;TpwPat12uyQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpwPat12uyQ[/video]

Andyk

Never really understood this my exhaust is louder than yours pissing contest. Heard some pretty awful loud exhaust....but heard quicker ones that sound awesome. For me it’s about the noise it makes not how loud it is. I always thought a standard GTS sounded pretty amazing in Sport and heard some made louder than just wasn’t pleasant. Horses for causes I suppose.

GeoffCapes

For me, it sounds ok, when accelerating, but when it gets to 'that' point it sounds f*cking awesome!

As a comparison (pre X pipe installation) is that my GTS sounds great all through the Rev range and above 5,500 rpm is unreal.

Need to hear it in the flesh for clarity.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Oh my! Bit of love wee there, but where's the snarls and crackles on the downshift?!

C

Fussy sod. But you have a point, it doesn't really snap crackle and pop like a V8 does. Too smoooooth.

[video=youtube;HS7gVx40lmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS7gVx40lmc[/video]

CatmanV2

Fussy sod. But you have a point, it doesn't really snap crackle and pop like a V8 does. Too smoooooth.

[video=youtube;HS7gVx40lmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS7gVx40lmc[/video]

Don't get me wrong. I would in a heartbeat. If I was the kind of 'man' to be seen parking a 12 cylinder Aston Martin in Essex...........

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Don't get me wrong. I would in a heartbeat. If I was the kind of 'man' to be seen parking a 12 cylinder Aston Martin in Essex...........

C

It’s in Basildon at the moment, hanging out with the cars of YooToobers, a gorgeous brand-new black GT3, a vast white Roller and assorted others. I have no confidence issues in such company. It’s Benny that worries me. :scared3:

Crofty

Stunning Adam! Great colour, white is the new black! Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

G

Guest 1678

How are you enjoying the 599 Damo?
Is it just me or have they gone up again in value. I was thinking about looking at one last week but now the cheapest decent ones are 120- not far off the 458 starting price

It is rather lovely, but you do know its sole purpose in life is to kill you! Much edgier than the GT MC Shift. But each journey is a massive occasion, but you are definitely grabbing the tiger by the tail.

As for 599 prices - I am not sure what is going on. Some cars hanging around for a year and dropping 20k. Anything in the dealer network is around the 120k starting point. Then there are low mileage 575Ms going for 20k more than the 599. What I have noticed is the number of 599s on the market has dropped and that may well be propping up prices. The weak points are also known and the cars seem remarkably robust and easier to service than their predecessors (chains not belts, engine stays in etc). I think the prices will be stable, rather than climb. The F12 secondhand are around 220k and new 812s with options are averaging 320k. I do not believe the 599 is 1/3 of the 812 in capability or looks.

The reason I got in was to scratch the itch. May be I will see back what I paid for it, but then again a couple of years of owning a 599 is what mattered. I had a budget and I could buy a really nice example.

I do not regret it for one minute.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Crofty, you're right, mate. White IS the new black. And so is black. Just ask Damo.

Can we see the car? A full pic? Looks good so far!!!! Sounds the business too!

Here you go. These were the ones from the ad which seduced me in the first place.

aston-martin-v12-vantage-s-v12-S3337148-1.jpg

aston-martin-v12-vantage-s-v12-S3337148-5.jpg

aston-martin-v12-vantage-s-v12-S3337148-7.jpg

It's in for a small repair to the front splitter, PPF on roof (the black is like glass - amazing finish) and lower front bumper and a detail / Gtechniq crystal wotsit. After that I shall be living off supermarket brand beans for a year.