It ain't no Maser, bruv

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Don't get me wrong, I admire the GT12, but I don't think I'd buy one even if it had been the same price as mine. With all that aero stuff I think I'd just feel a bit of a c0ck in it. Same with the Porsche GT2s or whatever with all the venting and aero malarkey. I'm sure it's great on a track (but I can' believe a well setup Elise or Caterham would be any less fun), but mostly it would be on the public road and would look just a bit daft.

safrane

Have to agree... saw a old chap in one of those new Honda Civic R things the other day... car looked like the batmobile in black and he...in his 70s looked like a knob.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Did you see the Top Gear test where they had a Type R Civic? Same conclusion. Amazing car, but looks ridiculous to anyone over the age of 12.

safrane

Yep...looks like it was sentback to the 80s to get a zender body kit like a capri of the same era.

Andyk

Did you see the Top Gear test where they had a Type R Civic? Same conclusion. Amazing car, but looks ridiculous to anyone over the age of 12.

Agree 100%.....Don't care how good it is it looks terrible....it's like they decided to see how many scoops, folds and bulges they could get on one car. There is an old chap by me who has one and he looks silly in it.....but saying that anyone in a flash car these days is frowned upon and to be honest anyone with a V8 or bigger looks a knob in these type cars these days....and I include myself in that. Doesn't stop me wanting one but aging men is any type of sports cars these days is regarded as a cock....it can only get worse as well.

outrun

It's all about class and style chaps. Can you imagine that scene from Oceans 12 with the Night Fox at his villa on Lake Como and instead of the classic sports car, he showed up in a Civic Type R?

No.

For me, it doesn't matter how fast it is or whether it smashes a Golf GTI into oblivion, I would only ever buy the Golf.

While we're on the subject, lap times at the Nurburgring are also utterly irrelevant to me. I don't understand the fascination with these at all, they have no real world relevance. I've been there twice and taken my 993 turbo and z4mc on it and both times I got passed by ‘lesser' track set up cars even though I was trying my best and felt quick. As Adam says, a good Elise or Caterham will **** all over a gt3 or silly looking Aston.

I did get passed by Walter Rorhl in a Merc CLK Black series at the carousel like I was standing still too. I was embarrassed until I saw him in the car park at the end of the lap. Felt slightly better !!

Andyk

Looks like the grill from that limited edition Vantage is making its way to the DBS replacement so if the limited edition doesn't float your boat this probably doesn't either.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 16