Brooklands Auto Italia 2018

Nayf

And a bucket.

Perhaps also a mop.

Just to point out to anyone reading I have yet to fill the southern pole on a photoshoot with an owner's car though I thank the slightly startled landlord of the rural Hertfordshire pub that provided the welcome respite so there was no need for bleach and certainly not sandblasting.
However, I cannot say the same for Ads on Test Cars, but alas that tale is being saved for my memoirs/when someone donates too much single malt.

hilts uk

I'll be there but in the 8c spider this year. I am down for the track and probably have a spare seat. If anyone fancies sitting in let me know (need a helmet unfortunately).

Mike

conaero

Forum Owner
Ill be there in a single seater Stradale....passenger seat removed to take the SM Gazebo.

GeoffCapes

I'll be there but in the 8c spider this year. I am down for the track and probably have a spare seat. If anyone fancies sitting in let me know (need a helmet unfortunately).

Mike

Can I take you up on that offer Mike?

I've just been advised that I haven't made the cut for the parade lap. :(

Gabs

I just got confirmation for Phil that I didn't make to the pared lap this time, he will make sure I am already booked for the Supercar event on the 28th July... Do we as a club attend this event?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Alignments? Tracking gets fixed tomorrow.

No it doesn't have a stripe. Don't know whether to do something before it gets painted or after.

OK, missed apostrophe. Alignment is, or, alignment's.

Anyway, depends when you get it painted. If post-LM, I suggest something brash and orange to tide you over. If pre-LM, wait and get the stripe done after. Dub will see you straight either way. I'll be back there tomorrow. Shall I warn them you're on your way..?

GeoffCapes

OK, missed apostrophe. Alignment is, or, alignment's.

Anyway, depends when you get it painted. If post-LM, I suggest something brash and orange to tide you over. If pre-LM, wait and get the stripe done after. Dub will see you straight either way. I'll be back there tomorrow. Shall I warn them you're on your way..?

What time will you be there as I'm heading to the 'rents tomorrow after I get my tracking done.
I assume you are getting a train and taxi there? Can give you a lift if need be?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
What time will you be there as I'm heading to the 'rents tomorrow after I get my tracking done.
I assume you are getting a train and taxi there? Can give you a lift if need be?

Ooh, you lovely man. 'twil be in the morning. 11ish or so. Trains are all up the spout / rail replacement for the weekend so I'd planned on getting a cab from Shenfield. I'll send you a text, see if we can work something out. Ta. :smile:

conaero

Forum Owner
I am on the parade lap too. Apparently, after talking to the organiser, they are going classic this year.

Got some free tickets too.....oh the perks of the job!

midlifecrisis

Is anyone coming for a few 'afters' at my house in Surrey (that sounds wrong for a Manc). Plenty of parking/floorspace for crashing (sleeping, no driving!) .

Just need to work out numbers for food. You bring own beers. ..

Heavenly

Looking to meeting you all on my first event with the forum..
Im heading over with my friends from VVS so expect to get to Brooklands for about 8.30am
Are there any special notes for arriving etc, or will someone be there to advise where to park on the forum stand etc?

hilts uk

Looking to meeting you all on my first event with the forum..
Im heading over with my friends from VVS so expect to get to Brooklands for about 8.30am
Are there any special notes for arriving etc, or will someone be there to advise where to park on the forum stand etc?
You will be directed where to park when you get inside. Expect a long q outside of you arrive after 10.