Brooklands Auto Italia 2018

MrPea

Oh good. I was wondering what was going on. I really want to be there. I go on holiday the following day so need to look into whether I can do a hotel or not. I'd need time the flowing day to drive home and swap car for the airport.

Gabs

Email sent to those on this list, we are going out on it after so if you need a hotel let me know by reply.

Thanks for the e-mail Matt, I am at Brands Hatch the day after, otherwise it would have been great to joining you all for a night out...

midlifecrisis

Oh good. I was wondering what was going on. I really want to be there. I go on holiday the following day so need to look into whether I can do a hotel or not. I'd need time the flowing day to drive home and swap car for the airport.

Stevie, you can stay over in a hammock...more than welcome...

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Aw, shite. I'll have to pass on this. I'll be collecting my car from some pre-LM fettling in Cambridge that day and have promised Mrs Crud a day of punting on the Cam and general mooching.

That'll learn me to not add key events in my calendar.

MrPea

Aw, shite. I'll have to pass on this. I'll be collecting my car from some pre-LM fettling in Cambridge that day and have promised Mrs Crud a day of punting on the Cam and general mooching.

That'll learn me to not add key events in my calendar.
Filthy! Punting Tab (Cambridge) style? Come to Oxford and we can arrange a SM punt race.
(Pimm's, champagne, strawberries, piracy and water flights included, of course.)

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Filthy! Punting Tab (Cambridge) style? Come to Oxford and we can arrange a SM punt race.
(Pimm's, champagne, strawberries, piracy and water flights included, of course.)

Now THAT would be an excellent SM afternoon of brazen stupidity. You're on!

Nayf

I'll be coming along in a work capacity. Look out for the dishevelled, tall, rather rotund gentleman dribbling over your cars.

jasst

Last year a few of us met at Fleet services on way and then convoyed on to Brooklands together. Who's up for doing this again?

1 Jasst
Bump

Nayf

And this is your profession!? Blimey!

C

It's not all glam. For every glorious day sampling the greatest motors on this fine earth, there are others perched up a hillside in the rain, fog, snow or hail. Or in the case of one trip to the Wicklow Mountains to drive a Peugeot 505 GTI, all of them at once, in multiple directions at the same time. Or two weeks ago, on the streets of Birmingham city centre at 5am with a couple of cars worth a combined £250k, being threatened with violence... Or the time when doing a feature on a member of this fine forum's Maserati 4200 and a Lexus ISF, I suddenly needed facilities in the middle of nowhere...

Not gonna lie though, better than working for a veterinary journal...

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
It's not all glam. For every glorious day sampling the greatest motors on this fine earth, there are others perched up a hillside in the rain, fog, snow or hail. Or in the case of one trip to the Wicklow Mountains to drive a Peugeot 505 GTI, all of them at once, in multiple directions at the same time. Or two weeks ago, on the streets of Birmingham city centre at 5am with a couple of cars worth a combined £250k, being threatened with violence... Or the time when doing a feature on a member of this fine forum's Maserati 4200 and a Lexus ISF, I suddenly needed facilities in the middle of nowhere...

Not gonna lie though, better than working for a veterinary journal...

But perhaps full-length rubber gloves are essential kit in either case..?