My first Maserati

Russuk71

Hello

I bought my 1st Maserati a 2008 GT, got to say its a great car. It has replaced a Jaguar XF supercharged 4.2. And I am certainly not disappointed, looking forward to some better weather as i got it in November.

i do have one question, i have a knocking noise coming from the driver side front when going over speed bumps or over bloody pot holes that you cant avoid. There is no noise when turning and the steering feels good with no pulling. When braking hard there is a small knock as well.

Would it be the "Buffer Bar" rubbers worn or the Tie Rods.

I will be looking to replace these myself.

Any help or would be greatly appreciated

ofenomeno99

Congratulations - I had something similar when I had the GT - It was the front arms and bushings. I think its a common issue with the cars.

Andyk

A big warm welcome and don't forget to post some pictures of your new car when you get a chance. We would love to see her.

jamesc69

Nice one and welcome.

I bet the GT feels a tad sluggish after the Supercharged Jag. My GTS did after defecting from a 5.0 XKR.
But that's not the point, outright speed pails into insignificance when you turn the key and hear that sound. Oh and the looks, did I mention the looks....

CatmanV2

Hello

I bought my 1st Maserati a 2008 GT, got to say its a great car. It has replaced a Jaguar XF supercharged 4.2. And I am certainly not disappointed, looking forward to some better weather as i got it in November.

i do have one question, i have a knocking noise coming from the driver side front when going over speed bumps or over bloody pot holes that you cant avoid. There is no noise when turning and the steering feels good with no pulling. When braking hard there is a small knock as well.

Would it be the "Buffer Bar" rubbers worn or the Tie Rods.

I will be looking to replace these myself.

Any help or would be greatly appreciated

Welcome. Sounds like the tie rods to me, but you might need to give everything a good poke to be sure

C