To X-pipe or not to....

Wanderer

What's the hive mind consensus on spicing up the QP exhaust note? I love the rasp and pop on throttle blip, but after that and especially on the motorway there's nothing. Course you'd expect that on a touring car, but would be nice to have a bit more fizz and pop without becoming too wearing.

When I bought mine, the dealer had a de-catted 07 QP, I thought it just sounded like a **** exhaust, just loud without any aural pleasure.

Not sure I'd do it, but would like to know..

Contigo

Sponsor
What’s the hive mind consensus on spicing up the QP exhaust note? I love the rasp and pop on throttle blip, but after that and especially on the motorway there’s nothing. Course you’d expect that on a touring car, but would be nice to have a bit more fizz and pop without becoming too wearing.

When I bought mine, the dealer had a de-catted 07 QP, I thought it just sounded like a **** exhaust, just loud without any aural pleasure.

Not sure I’d do it, but would like to know..

I did an X pipe on my QP and it added some nice pops to it. The description was "Just right now, idle is nice and quiet but over 3k rpm it growls, pops and bangs!"

https://www.facebook.com/tallphilc/videos/10154350388435016/

Sommi

What's the hive mind consensus on spicing up the QP exhaust note? I love the rasp and pop on throttle blip, but after that and especially on the motorway there's nothing. Course you'd expect that on a touring car, but would be nice to have a bit more fizz and pop without becoming too wearing.

Not sure I'd do it, but would like to know..

The 4.2 Dry Sump QP has an absolutely lovely noise which changes and is amplified throughout its rev range.
My QP is an example of a slightly ample noise bracket. There is no scarcity of crackles pops and bangs.

If you could justify going for a Larini setup all the way, you would end up with something like below:

on full chat: https://youtu.be/mNWW_J37x74

(more examples if you click on my youtube ID to give you a better idea)