To X-pipe or not to....

Triggerfish

For anyone interested, I've been mulling over the idea of spicing up the exhaust a little.

Now, as you can see from my avitar, my car is pretty 'Vanilla'. I don't go in for the slightly more......"Max Power reader" type of car.

....anyway, long story short. simple mod, X-pipe only......result;

Sport button off - slighty louder but totaly inoffensive, doesn't frighten the neighbours or the horses. More importantly, wife hasn't noticed.

Sport button on - FANTASTIC!

Definate thumbs up from me

sionie1

For anyone interested, I've been mulling over the idea of spicing up the exhaust a little.

Now, as you can see from my avitar, my car is pretty 'Vanilla'. I don't go in for the slightly more......"Max Power reader" type of car.

....anyway, long story short. simple mod, X-pipe only......result;

Sport button off - slighty louder but totaly inoffensive, doesn't frighten the neighbours or the horses. More importantly, wife hasn't noticed.

Sport button on - FANTASTIC!

Definate thumbs up from me

Where did you get it done, and which x pipe? Am toying with the idea myself and particularly like the wife not noticing...

Triggerfish

I used the Larini pipe. Perfect fit

Just popped into my usual, local MOT garage. they set aside an hour or so on the ramp to do the job. Very straight forward, the hardest bit was getting to the back box mounting bolts, but not an issue to a well equiped garage.

Triggerfish

Where did you get it done, and which x pipe? Am toying with the idea myself and particularly like the wife not noticing...

Just realised where you live. I'm in Llandudno if you want to pop over and check it out, you're more than wecome.
The work was done in Llandudno Garage, Builders St W.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I had mine made by Autoshield so probably cheaper! I'm just about to put mine back on the new one just to see what it's like.

azapa

I was on the fence, the Stradale has a great sound as it is, Outrun pushed me into it! Can't complain! Huge sh1t and giggles on the accelerator. If you already have valved back boxes I would definitely do the remote opening mod to to get them open from idle as well as the Xpipe. There are several posts here and a DIY kit that costs less than a 100 quid.

Contigo

Sponsor
Really ? Is it a worthwhile mod? Thinking of going maybe H pipe? Not sure it might be too loud....

Triggerfish

Really ? Is it a worthwhile mod? Thinking of going maybe H pipe? Not sure it might be too loud....

I was thinking exactly the same. I'm not interested in claimed performance improvements. H-Pipe was probably the best idea, but speaking to Larini they explained it as, If I just want one simple mod, get the X-pipe. If I envisaged adding sports cats, then the X-pipe would probably be too loud so go for the H-pipe.

I fitted the X-pipe and thats as far as I'll be going with the exhaust system. Very satisfied, lots of bang for your buck.

Haven't noticed any undesirible drone. In the cruse, in 6th, the revs are low enough not to notice the difference. It's all happens in the acceleration.

Contigo

Sponsor
It was said in jest mate.

On a serious note, I am glad all are going X as it makes mine more unique, I bet I'm the only GTS in the Village with Sports Cats and H pipe! :D

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
It was said in jest mate.

On a serious note, I am glad all are going X as it makes mine more unique, I bet I'm the only GTS in the Village with Sports Cats and H pipe! :D

I’ve come over all literal, lately. Too much time with Swedes - my sense of irony is deteriorating!

Yeah, I’d say your GTS is one of a kind. Thinking about the wedding business, it’s a good selling point that you can deafen grooms, which makes them far better suited to married life.

Masser50

So is the x-pipe better for ‘crackle and pops’ or are the sports cats? Not looking for louder all round just the pops....

Ewan

X pipe should add some pops, and just a little more noise. Sports cars would make it considerably louder (much more so than just the X pipe). Sounds like the X (or H) pipe mod is the one for you.

For my GS I used the garage that Phil knows in Newbury. From memory it was about £250 for the chap to make one up and fit it, there and then, while I waited. Would imagine the cost to be similar for the GT-S.

GeoffCapes

X pipe should add some pops, and just a little more noise. Sports cars would make it considerably louder (much more so than just the X pipe). Sounds like the X (or H) pipe mod is the one for you.

For my GS I used the garage that Phil knows in Newbury. From memory it was about £250 for the chap to make one up and fit it, there and then, while I waited. Would imagine the cost to be similar for the GT-S.

For a GS or 4200 you need to contact Benny.