You've got £45k in your pocket....

BuckRog64

......and you pay Mr Grace a visit. You want a car to use weekends and for touring etc. and will do around 3k miles pa.

Do you (a) buy the super low miles GS or (b) for similar money, buy the rosso GTS MC Shift that has done the same mileage?

azapa

Rosso MC Shift, you'll only ever loose 10K on it and have a blast. The GS will be lovely too, and you will probably loose little or nothing, but you won't drive it as much.

I made all the above up. Take it for what it's worth :)

D Walker

I would have thought that if you are only doing 3k miles, then the GTS wouldn't maintain its value as much, I must add that I have no foresight on car buying / markets etc....

safrane

The GS.

Why?

Use it a little and sell for the same if not more in a couple of years.

Then you can buy the MC GTS which will be £8-10k cheaper and you have money for maintenance for the next three years...simple.

Just done the sums in my head based on my own GS and a MC GTS that Richard has on sale and I am very close to the mark if I look at how much the MC GTS was three years ago.

bigbob

Personally I would buy which you prefer driving as this is a motoring forum not Hargreaves Lansdown. Neither will cost you a lot or make you a lot so there is no right answer.

JonW

Bob makes a good point above, and I’ve never driven a GS...

Would anyone like to do a swap for a weekend?

Rwc13

When I bought the car last year Meridien realised they had underpriced it......but too late fortunately for me. They subsequently offered to buy it back!

I've done about 500 miles in it since last September and it is a staggeringly good car. The only reason I'm selling it is I am now faced with the prospect of having to retire about 5 years before I had planned and so keeping all my cars wasn't really going to be workable at this point. It was tough choice between the GS and my GS Spyder, but the latter was my wedding car and took me on two fantastic European Road trips.....so just too many memories to let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andyk

Rossi GTS for me.....GS is lovely and will hold its value but it's getting in bit now. I wouldn't worry about depreciation just buy and enjoy. To many cars are being wrapped up in cotton wool and never see a decent road these days.

D Walker

Tongue in cheek -- we have some very good ones here - often in Evo and Porsche mags, and no i am not divulging!!

Andyk

Agree Dave.....When I had a Lotus we used to venture further into Wales and Brecon and some brilliant roads that suited the Elise/Exige.

highlander

If it has to be one or tuther then has to be the MC shift, will cause a fight, but I just could not live with the surf boards on a GS.........sorry GS guys :(

outrun

GTS. All day long. I know the car and the colour is spectacular. Had two gransports and they are great but the GTS is better, sounds better, more useable in all seasons for all reasons.

I’d have another GS but not as my only choice of weekend car.

G

Guest 1678

That is my old Rosso Trionfale at Dicky's. Great car and unique colour combination.

Had a GS and a GT.

In essence, the GS is more pointy and feels a lot older. GS handles better IMHO and the 300kg weight difference tells. I tended to drive the GS harder than the GT as it just seemed to demand it.

GT miles ahead in refinement, noise and every day usability. The weight tells if you are pushing on, but you tend to drive it less on the edge and relax into a rather fast but relaxed gait.

Cost-wise to run pretty similar.

So for regular use - the GT. There are also a lot more of them around and I think the parts situation will be much better in the next few years.

Nayf

As Zagatoes says, I’d try to find the extra five k for the Ghibli II Cup.
Resisting a GranSport would be tricky, mind