landlord had his £200,000 Ferrari destroyed by police

outrun

I don't agree i'm afraid. The car was Cat B which means it had suffered heavy damage and was unsafe to be repaired and the shell should be destroyed. Given that a car deemed
unsafe to repair was subsequently repaired, nobody knows whether parts used are safe or not. The court can't take the risk that any part is used on a genuine car as it can't
guarantee the source, quality or integrity of any part. Simply, it can't take the risk.

For one, I am happy that parts from a car with such a background are going to find their way onto another car.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
If owned a 458 I’d certainly not want bolloxed or stolen repalcement parts on it.

Still, it’s a sorry video for sure!

allandwf

I also am led to believe most of the parts used to repair it were stolen. A lot more to the story than at first glance.

EnzoMC

if confirmed the parts were stolen then I agree it should be, but still sad to see

MrMickS

Sad but not so sad. If you go by the 'landlords' tale then its a travesty. If you read around a bit you get a very different picture. The word scumbag features heavily in people around the area.

The cat was a cat B, shouldn't have been on the road, and as said the provenance of the parts used to repair it were suspect. Shame to do it but a good example to set to anyone else thinking of going the same route.

The fact that the 'millionaire landlord' was running a cat B car says enough to me.

Andyk

It was probably the right thing to do but also would imagine the authorities were making a point with this one.

azapa

Ridiculous waste. It could have been donated to a charity and parted out. Some smug judge just washed 200K down the toilet that could have gone to help people in need.

TridentTested

Sad but not so sad. If you go by the 'landlords' tale then its a travesty. If you read around a bit you get a very different picture. The word scumbag features heavily in people around the area.

Yeah, I've read a few reports on him. He doesn't sound like someone you'd want to share a few pints with.

Wack61

Ridiculous waste. It could have been donated to a charity and parted out. Some smug judge just washed 200K down the toilet that could have gone to help people in need.

I disagree, people like this think they can do what they want , this video will be on every car forum so they know they can't , the next time a cat B car comes up for sale cheap they'll think twice about sinking £££ into it knowing this could be where it's heading

Contigo

Sponsor
This guy clearly thought he could get away with running a car illegally and on the cheap. It backfired big time on him!