Man Maths

rockits

I have been tempted by a 4C but every time I drive one I can't help but think that a Cayman S has it beat on all points bar that moment when you open the garage and go wow!

But well done to you enjoy
Came across a new fancy/blingy Boxster the other day on the way up to the Hitchin office. Looked like a GTS or something decent. I can off the A1 left onto the A602 overtaking him as he was going slow. Then he floored it making lots of high pitched with lots of brisk paddle shifted dual clutch gears. The E55K dropped down 2 gears & headed for the horizon. There didn't seem to be much of a contest

It looked nice but didn't sound too great. Seemed a bit down on power!

outrun

I hope you have installed a tow bar for your plough.

:)

Looks nice Crofty, I was in Alfa today looking at the Guilia Veloce as a new daily driver. Shame they won't lease me a QF for under £700 a month or I might just have been stupid enough...

iainw

Did you buy or lease?
I don't understand how they can do such good lease deals on them and still be asking up to 50k new...

It so low risk at 10kpa for £2990.52 in and circa 23 x £332.28.
I bet they are really fun to drive and I think they look great.
A mondeo would surely cost more?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Crofty, mate, well bloody done! A reckless abandonment of all sense is to be admired, a thing of beauty and the mark of a man. Good onya.

When do you pick it up? And has the snow fecked off down your way yet? Looks like you could easily lose a white car round your corner of the turnip patch just now.

iainw

I hope you have installed a tow bar for your plough.

:)

Looks nice Crofty, I was in Alfa today looking at the Guilia Veloce as a new daily driver. Shame they won't lease me a QF for under £700 a month or I might just have been stupid enough...

Central leasing would do you a QV for 659/month without haggling.
I am sure applied leasing would beat that

Crofty

Crofty, mate, well bloody done! A reckless abandonment of all sense is to be admired, a thing of beauty and the mark of a man. Good onya.

When do you pick it up? And has the snow fecked off down your way yet? Looks like you could easily lose a white car round your corner of the turnip patch just now.

Just about sums it up mate, missed out on the sensible option of your GTS & gone a bit mad!
Will be ready next week, but won't get the opportunity to collect until after Easter, Plenty of time for me to sober up & think about what I've done! best left in the showroom at the moment anyway.... Would defiantly get lost in the snow down here today....
Have you a new toy yet?

Crofty

Did you buy or lease?
I don't understand how they can do such good lease deals on them and still be asking up to 50k new...

It so low risk at 10kpa for £2990.52 in and circa 23 x £332.28.
I bet they are really fun to drive and I think they look great.
A mondeo would surely cost more?

Have bought, although on finance. Huge discount off list & monthly less than most Sky packages.
In reality probably not the cheapest way, but the most affordable at the moment & I like the sense of ownership.
We'll see what happens to values if a new one is launched!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Just about sums it up mate, missed out on the sensible option of your GTS & gone a bit mad!
Will be ready next week, but won't get the opportunity to collect until after Easter, Plenty of time for me to sober up & think about what I've done! best left in the showroom at the moment anyway.... Would defiantly get lost in the snow down here today....
Have you a new toy yet?

God, that's going to feel like a long wait! I paid a deposit on mine on 16th Feb and hope to collect next week.

Have bought, although on finance. Huge discount off list & monthly less than most Sky packages.

Yeah, I'd say thats more or less impossible to turn down! It's definitely not the cheapest way to buy a car compared to paying cash (which apparently is quite unusual to do*), but it's definitely efficient and even a basic model man maths calculator makes it really easy to justify. There are some great deals around on all cars at the moment. Although the threat of rate rises has pushed interest up a bit, weakened consumer confidence has pushed new car sales down so finance companies and dealers are having to work hard to structure attractive deals.

*The guy who does my financing has a customer who spends over £30k each month on car finance payments. He has an F12, Lambos and all the glitz and bling you could think of. Just prefers to use his cash differently and happy with the monthlies.

Evo Cymru

Very nice! I am considering getting one of these at some time to replace the hole left by the Lancia. Tempted by the deals about though may wait to see what the new Alpine is like - although not being Italian is a minus to it already!

Contigo

Sponsor
Very nice! I am considering getting one of these at some time to replace the hole left by the Lancia. Tempted by the deals about though may wait to see what the new Alpine is like - although not being Italian is a minus to it already!

Did you not emigrate mate?

iainw

In reality probably not the cheapest way, but the most affordable at the moment & I like the sense of ownership.
We'll see what happens to values if a new one is launched!

Good work. They are unique cars - and the monthlies sound great! Man maths is a wonderful thing - but does make sense. If you are happy with how much it costs a month how can anyone argue with how you spend your money.
Love the steering wheel on them. How is it to drive compared to the 4200?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member

Not Italian, is French. :unsure:

Spartacus

Crofty , you are my new best friend . I was looking at one of theses for two months . I need to drive that , Ill buy you some cider ..deal ? ;P