QPV Won’t Start

I have a problem with QPV... key turns all lights in dashboard light up.. engine won't turn or no noises to indicate it's starting.. Battery level is 14.4v.. the remote opens the door..

Any ideas ?
Thanks

conaero

Forum Owner
Auto or CC? CC: Turn EPB off and check it's not stuck in gear by rocking it, cycle the gears, neutral, first, reverse. Disconnect the battery for an hour, reconnect and try again. Check imobiliser light goes out.

Thanks

It’s in neutral not stuck in gear. F1 transmission. I’ve disconnected battery and will reconnect in the morning. I’m hoping it starts then.

conaero

Forum Owner
My point was that it may say neutral on the dash but is it? EPB off and rock it to make sure it’s not actually in gear mate. Cycle the gears N/1/R and check it in neutral by rocking it then try start again. The actuator pots can get sticky and give a false reading.

conaero

Forum Owner
If the car is in gear and the dash says it’s not the gearbox ecu stops the starter from engaging.

This is a result of the actuator potentiometers sticking which usual shows up after a period of no use. It can mean that your seals are failing and oil has got onto the pots. Using it regularly seems to clear them.

Update on this.. managed to get it started.. so thumbs up for the help. Now the issue is this.

Selects 1st Neutral and Reverse. Car doesn’t move in any gear.. So had the code read and it comes up with Clutch Position Sensor..

Straightforward job?. Or il send it to dealers

safrane

Clutch out job I believe. If it is do the plate, release bearing and poss the flywheel... not cheap.