Current brake prices

Bigfry

Hi

I am new to the forum having picked up a GTS. it is very lovely, but i have discovered it needs a few bits, most notably brakes. I have owned Astons for a while and recently switched expecting similar bills, but have just been quoted £4,400 fitted by a main dealer. It seems quite punchy for discs and pads, but is this about right at the moment?

2b1ask1

Special case
Hi Bigfry, the GTS lads will be along shortly with up to date info but welcome to the madness :)

GeoffCapes

Hi

I am new to the forum having picked up a GTS. it is very lovely, but i have discovered it needs a few bits, most notably brakes. I have owned Astons for a while and recently switched expecting similar bills, but have just been quoted £4,400 fitted by a main dealer. It seems quite punchy for discs and pads, but is this about right at the moment?

Is that all round?

I need mine doing soon, I'm searching for discs which is a struggle, but sometimes they do come up cheaper.
As for pads, I wouldn't go OEM (I'm not), I would got EBC Yellow stuff as they are £120 vs £500 for Maserati, I put them on my 4200 and they were massively better.

phills1

Hi

Depending on where you are speak with AV engineering. Disc prices depend on time of the year / manufacturing cycles. Get disc costs from Scuderia car parts, pads is personal preference, either formula dynamics or EBC. Larni are the UK distributor of the Formula dynamics bits. HTH

FF1078

Hi

http://formuladynamics.com/products/granturismo_s_brake_rotor/granturismo_s_brake_rotor.php
http://formuladynamics.com/products...streetpads/granturismo_s_quiet_streetpads.php

Dont forget about import duty though

Bigfry

Thanks for the warm welcome and the replies.

That is all round. Having gone through the break down of the quote it looks like the bulk is the front discs which are quoted at £1,900 fitted. Was told they are in short supply at the dealers, but that they have them in stock...so whilst that fits with the cycle you mention, they are in stock. will shop around I think. I am in the south east. thanks

Last edited:

bigbob

That is all round. Having gone through the break down of the quote it looks like the bulk is the front discs which are quoted at £1,900 fitted. Was told they are in short supply at the dealers, but that they have them in stock...so whilst that fits with the cycle you mention, they are in stock. will shop around I think. I am in the south east. thanks

You are right that it is the front brakes which are the killer with OEM prices. You can rear as pattern parts from Eurospares.

phills1

Voicey - AV Engineering is down in Kent, I have spoken with him once re brakes. Great independent Guy and knows these and Ferrari's really well. Have you spoken with Lucy at Scuderia car parts they can get OEM discs at better than dealer prices.