Geometry in Essex sort of area

CatmanV2

Folks, do we have a trusted geometry place in Essex or the environs? I could take it to the Zep area, but it's a bit far / out of the way.

Suggestions?

Cheers

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm... when faced with that same question my choice was Grimaldi (£400) or a schlep over to Wheels in Motion in Chesham at about 1/3 that price and did an amazing job. Worth the drive, I'd say. You'll find the return journey to offer far more scope for 'spirited'.

2b1ask1

Special case
Chris, Elite on the old A13 at Rainham will do a full geo setup and will talk you through how you want it and what settings you want if you prefer anything other than factory that is. £65 plus any adjustments http://www.elitedirect.com/ They did a super job on the 4200 for me, not been there with the GS yet but no doubt I will be before the summer road trips :D

CatmanV2

Hmmm... when faced with that same question my choice was Grimaldi (£400) or a schlep over to Wheels in Motion in Chesham at about 1/3 that price and did an amazing job. Worth the drive, I'd say. You'll find the return journey to offer far more scope for 'spirited'.

Thanks. Grimaldi is out, but Chesham takes about as long as Northants sometimes. Also their website appears to have vanished, although this may be our network. Cheers.

How very dare you

:lol2:

Chris, Elite on the old A13 at Rainham will do a full geo setup and will talk you through how you want it and what settings you want if you prefer anything other than factory that is. £65 plus any adjustments http://www.elitedirect.com/ They did a super job on the 4200 for me, not been there with the GS yet but no doubt I will be before the summer road trips :D

Thanks. Good possibility, but from me can take forever to get there. Maybe a weekend will work.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Cheers

C

Zep

I should say, Christian Lewis now have their own alignment rig in Bedford, which is about 20 miles less “out of the wayâ€

CatmanV2

I should say, Christian Lewis now have their own alignment rig in Bedford, which is about 20 miles less “out of the way”

Oh that's better. I'd only need to set my watch back about 15 years ;)

Cheers
Zep

C

urquattrogus

I used Grimaldi for the 3200 Geometry, but mostly because the 3200 Geo is set by shims etc, not cheap, over £400 from memory.

Otherwise there are plenty of decent dependents whom should be able to do the Geo on a GT.

CatmanV2

I used Grimaldi for the 3200 Geometry, but mostly because the 3200 Geo is set by shims etc, not cheap, over £400 from memory.

Otherwise there are plenty of decent dependents whom should be able to do the Geo on a GT.

Cheers

If Aldous recommends Wheels In Motion (which is just did) I think that's it

C

MAF260

WIM are excellent. I'm lucky they're quite nearby and I've sent a few people their way. They understand the cars, understand the Hunter machines and know how to make the best of both. Tony Bones is the owner and founder, he still QCs all work and did my RR last year himself. Go nowhere else!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
They’ll also balance your wheels properly. They do this by fixing the wheels to the hub using the same holes you use to bolt the wheel to the car. This gives a far more accurate real-world reading than when the wheel is just fixed to the machine using a bloody great wing not on the hole in the middle, which may itself be slightly off-centre.

CatmanV2

They’ll also balance your wheels properly. They do this by fixing the wheels to the hub using the same holes you use to bolt the wheel to the car. This gives a far more accurate real-world reading than when the wheel is just fixed to the machine using a bloody great wing not on the hole in the middle, which may itself be slightly off-centre.

ANd how much does this goodness cost, pray? Not that I should care. The car is all over the place at the moment. I know the tyre pressures are off, but I suspect some of the larger potholes of late have been unkind.

Cheers

C

rd993

Another vote for wheels in motion. Impressive outfit and very well priced considering the workmanship.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
ANd how much does this goodness cost, pray? Not that I should care. The car is all over the place at the moment. I know the tyre pressures are off, but I suspect some of the larger potholes of late have been unkind.

Cheers

C

No clue, I’m afraid. They just told me about it. I was astounded and impressed and made a note to one day have my tyres supplied and wheels balanced by the wizards of WiM.