New tyre time for Strad... Your advice much appreciated (today if possible)

Hi Guys & Gals,

I know there have been some threads before but thought I’d collate my question in a post as it’s pretty specific.

I am done with the P Zero Corsas. The Strad is going in for the 4-year service, MOT and new Boots next week.

I have been really impressed with the Michelin Pilot Sports on the Evora and Subaru’s I have.

So want to put on Strad. I am also a believer in having the same tyre/tread pattern front and rear.

I can not get the fronts and rears in the same tyre.

Closest for the right size is:
- Front 255/35 R20 97Y - Michelin Pilot Sport 4 “S”
- Rear 295/35 R/20 105Y - Michelin Pilot Super Sport

What would you suggest and reccomed?

I need to order today so any responses today greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Stu

GeoffCapes

I need a full set on my GTS soon and I'm probably going to go for Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

Just need to find a set at a reasonable price.

Zep

I have had a little look on TyreLeader and they are listing both the 4S and the Supersport in both sizes. The 4S the replacement for the supersport as this tyre design has been around since the release of the PS3. It looks like pennies between them so in your shoes I would go 4S.

outrun

Here's my thread from last year when I changed to the Michelin Pilot Sports. I went for the K1 and K2 Ferrari tread which I am comfortable with putting on a Maserati. They are far far far far (yes, much) better than the Corsas with acres more grip and confidence. I am sure it's a colder weather thing and above, say 10deg, the Corsas are fine but as I live in Scotland, that's only useful in July. And maybe August. Only! :)

http://www.sportsmaserati.co.uk/showthread.php/23466-MC-Stradale-Tyres?highlight=stradale+tyres

FF1078

Hi Guys & Gals,

I know there have been some threads before but thought I’d collate my question in a post as it’s pretty specific.

I am done with the P Zero Corsas. The Strad is going in for the 4-year service, MOT and new Boots next week.

I have been really impressed with the Michelin Pilot Sports on the Evora and Subaru’s I have.

So want to put on Strad. I am also a believer in having the same tyre/tread pattern front and rear.

I can not get the fronts and rears in the same tyre.

Closest for the right size is:
- Front 255/35 R20 97Y - Michelin Pilot Sport 4 “S”
- Rear 295/35 R/20 105Y - Michelin Pilot Super Sport

What would you suggest and reccomed?

I need to order today so any responses today greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Stu

Hi Stu
I just got 255/35 ZR20 Michelin Pilot Super Sport dropped off this morning by a courier from Camskill for the fronts. I had Michelin Pilot Super Sport fitted to the rear 400 miles ago so thay are available. The place that's fitting them couldn't get them but Camskill have them. The only difference is the rears are k1 compound and the fronts are k2 which I believe means the fronts are slightly harder compound.
£373.10 inc. VAT delivered
regards Nick

phills1

I am going with Michelin Pilot 4S once my PZeros are done, one thing I did learn at the Geneva motorshow, make sure the tires for the Maserati have MGT stamped on them, K1, K2, K3 are for Ferrari's

outrun

Good luck finding Michelin with MGT stamped on them. As far I'm aware, only Pirelli and Continental make MGT tyres and only the Continental are any good. Most Stradales are wearing Corsa tyres that are AMP stamped (Aston Martin) as even the main dealers can't find them. That's why I went for Ferrari. In the end, I doubt any mortal can actually tell the difference, it's more than likely just marketing nonsense.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck finding Michelin with MGT stamped on them. As far I'm aware, only Pirelli and Continental make MGT tyres and only the Continental are any good. Most Stradales are wearing Corsa tyres that are AMP stamped (Aston Martin) as even the main dealers can't find them. That's why I went for Ferrari. In the end, I doubt any mortal can actually tell the difference, it's more than likely just marketing nonsense.

Weight and weight distribution between the Strad and similar AMs is more or less the same, so I can't really think what could actually be different.

The PSS4s are getting great reviews in multiple places. Surely the go-to tyre for car drivers who don't want to be constrained by the fact that P-Zeros and PZ Corsas get the hump on anything less than a warm dry day.