2012 QPV GTS advice- sump, rear right window and seat controls

WestBP

Hi everyone,

I really appreciate all the knowledge posted here.

I've had my GTS for 3 months. Loving every moment...except...

1. Rear right window and seat control switches have stopped working. The window works using switch in drivers door so I'm wondering what electrical gremlin could be affecting both seat adjustment and window switches in that door. I suspect the 4yo gremlin that sits in that position may be to blame as she loves playing with the switches in question. I've disconnected the battery and also removed and checked any of the fuses I think could be responsible to no avail. I'm out of ideas unless a new battery could fix it, it would appear to be the original from 2012.

2. Managed to bottom out and put a tiny crack in the sump aft of the sump plug. Looking at the diagram it looks like a relatively easy DIY job, new sump, gasket and 25 bolts. Has anyone done this repair themselves? I'm considering it, however it may be just as easy to wait till the next service and get it done by the mechanic. Temporary repair is holding fine for now.

Many thanks

WBP

WestBP

How'd you manage to crack the sump? Rally special stage?

If only! It was driven over a low curb square on rather than on an angle and the sump plug has clipped back side of the curb as the wheels dropped off the front. Rookie mistake

GeoffCapes

Nightmare. Where are you based? As getting a main dealer to do the job will cost you a fortune. If you are near a respected Indie then that fortune would be saved.

WestBP

Melbourne, OZ.

I've got a good Indie however it's a 2 hour drive over there so I'm inclined to keep an eye on the repair and get it done at the next service.

On face value it seems like a pretty straight forward job but I can't find anything written about it online. I'm going to have a closer look next time I'm under the car, access to the sump bolts around the cross member may be and issue.

conaero

Forum Owner
Personally, I would have it repaired.

The easiest route would be to simply drain the oil, drill out the crack in situ and have it ally welded in situ saving you time and money.

The only issue is the welder might not want to weld an oily pan as it may catch fire. if its not leaking, I would go half way house and only grind out the crack and weld it rather than going all the way through. If its not leaking then its not all the way through.

azapa

I have never been under a QP, but assuming cross-member cooperates, I would DIY it too. I would not consider welding it in place. Order new gaskets/drain plug etc beforehand and have a welder committed to the job before you tuck in. An appropriate thread tap, on hand, maybe good as well. You may want to leave the plug in, loose, while welding, so as not to guff up the threads. Good luck.