Back seats advice please

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Whilst I hate to big up a Beetle on a Maser forum, that is one lovely looking car, and the roof operation is a thing of beauty.

Iain - what about a GranCab? Room for all the fam, sounds sublime, looks to die for, just don't try to use the boot.

Andyk

That is my favourite current 911. They got the targa just right. Love that colour Iain.

iainw

Whilst I hate to big up a Beetle on a Maser forum, that is one lovely looking car, and the roof operation is a thing of beauty.

Iain - what about a GranCab? Room for all the fam, sounds sublime, looks to die for, just don't try to use the boot.

Grancab-
+ Nice looking, Good back seats
- To0 big, slow, similar to my previous GTS. I took an MC Cab out at Dick Lovetts before the Cali 30 and was distinctly unimpressed with the driving comparison and sound

if they did a true Stradale convertible with the 3 scoops, amazing sound and reasonable speed I would be v tempted

Ewan

The rear seats in the 911 coupe (fixed roof) are fine. But in the chopped roof cars their backs are vertical, so pretty useless.

Lovely car though. My friend with the AR Guilia Quadrafolio has just sold it to make way for a new targa arriving in April. As a useable road car it's my favourite of the current 911 lineup.

Ewan

It went well enough, that's for sure. But little things like the plastic door bins let it down, and he's the sort of chap who needs things done properly (he hand-builds beautiful one-off yachts for a living, so aesthetic and functional perfection are a necessity). He doesn't need rear seats either.

One more thing. On his personal motorboat he used Porsche houndstooth cloth on the seats and chose a Porsche silver paint for the top-sides, to match the 911 he had when he built it a year or so back. So to go back to a 911 makes sense on that level also.

Andyk

And that's the but with the Guilia QV....anything plastic below the top dash is really cheap and shouldn't be in a 20k car let along a 60k one. Shame as everything else about this car is spot on.