Code reader for maserati

Gp79

I emailed Diagnostic World and had this response:

Hello Greg, although the NT510 kit is a great tool for some vehicles, for the Coupe/Gransport unfortunately it is only a little better than the standard OBD2 tools.

The NT510 will only cover the engine and the ABS unit on your vehicle unfortunately, so it may not be the tool you require.

So decided to leave it for now, was hoping for something that can read gearbox /clutch data. Sadly not.

john4fun

I use an Autel Maxisys ms908 pro for work also snap on diagnostics. The Autel does way to much in as far as your get yourself into trouble if you don't know what your doing but for clearing codes and re setting service lights its great it gets you into the f1 gearbox but your end up in lots of trouble if you don't know what your doing thats how advanced it is .

martininkent

OBDSTAR X-200 this is another one some said it will reset the service light etc, just want it for reading iso codes , just to give me a idea if anything pops up

martininkent

Well i purchased a system reader code reading / clearing ,resting, and diagnostics , etc. the machine was £400 ,
i received it friday
and i can confirm after connecting it today too my car ,it will be a big help in the event of a late or over due service or a fault arising etc,
the service interval reset works and resets mileage interval and confirms this, and reads all ecus, some codes are iso but i found wit the issues on my car there were normally both codes generic and maserati , this is a big help if you have a fault , iam not saying for 1 minute that it will cure all your issues but maybe point in the right direction , i know errors can sometimes misguide a search for a fault, it may help:

IMG_20180325_142639.jpg

martininkent

hi conareo ,
i have not looked that closely, but i will now you have asked, i take it thats so you can adjust the brake ?
iam using a launchX 431 pro3 s/w , loaded and configured on a 8" tablet ,

martininkent

hi conareo yes it shows it ,here is a screen shot,

Attachments

• IMG_20180326_1846412.jpg
    IMG_20180326_1846412.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 126

voicey

Please don't run the cable bedding in procedure from the Launch. I managed to goose two handbrake ECUs with one when I was working in Chiswick. I don't know what it did but the end result was a dead module. I used my SD3 on the third ECU.

martininkent

hi voicey ,
thanks for the warning , maybe that was older or different software then, It and tech move forward so fast these days,,
i also red somewhere either on here or digital kaos , or mhh that launch x431 would not do service reset correctly , that's not my findings with this unit, anyway i take on board your warning, some times reading or re-setting a ecu or module unit can make it pop for no rhyme or reason as iam sure you know anyway, , same as some bmw and audi's if you remove and refit battery that can find a weak ecu,
i personally would only try this if i was doing the procedure ,and after doing some software version research etc, as with any function available,

thanks voicey

Ma551vee

I’ve got the Foxwell NT650 got from eBay for £140 is brilliant on my Maserati GT 08 will clear and read almost all codes despite what the manual says it can do

rusty iron

Has anyone used the FOXWELL NT650 on a 2002 coupe yet. Its Airbag codes I need to address . The web info says it does but the distributer says it doesnt. Dont really want to buy one with my fingers crossed. Colin

SJX

Foxwell told me that it only comes preloaded with bmw software, you have to load maserati software yourself, but it does not support apple products, so i gave up after many emails to and thro.