Looking for that elusive low miles GS?

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Excellent.
One to keep for sure.
Hope to see it sometime in the future at a northern meet.
Was your previous face-lift the same colour I recall?'

Ewan

Well done Dave - you've bagged yourself arguably the best GS in the country.

Couldn't understand why you didn't buy it a couple of months back when Brett put it up for sale on here.

safrane

Well done Dave, you have bagged a beauty there.

PS if the ball polished wheels are nkt fkr you, before you think of painting them give me a call as I would like to do a deal.

spkennyuk

Congrats Dave. Your perfect car came along just in time for hopefully a decent spring and summer of driving fun.

Ewan

Well done Dave - you've bagged yourself arguably the best GS in the country.

Hmmm, bold claim knowing some of the others out there......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really. It's absolutely immaculate, with very low mileage. You can't beat it for condition (matching it as good as you could get), and I doubt there's one with lower mileage. Of course, it's possible that there might be an even better one, but I seriously doubt it. Either way, it's a stunning example.

The one worry is that it's £10k more than another excellent example, and the difference is largely down to the low mileage. So as soon as start using it, you erode its uniqueness and the £10k premium disappears.

On the flip side, if you squirrel it away, and let everyone else use theirs, its uniqueness grows so consequently does it's value. Therefore the quandary is, do you use it or polish it? Or maybe limit it to, say 500 or 1000 miles a year?

D Walker

Well I'm thinking if 40k miles are on £30-34k now then I expect I will do 2/3k a year, if that, so that's that. It will be worth what it's worth. Going into thermostat controlled heated storage. I do have history with this car and TBH I wasn't sure on interior, but times running out to bag a good one. Marious has a GS and 4200, both less than 10k I believe, also the grey one Marious bought for a client was low miles and £37k, I only have half an eye o. Future value. I'm goi g to enjoy it !!