Invite from Maserati

JonW

Anyone else got one of these?

It's an invite to an “Invite only Private Sale Eventâ€. I've never had one before and can't decide if it's worth going to...

Attachments

• CB2A0A58-B403-441B-B184-1B5EEAFAC63D.jpg
    CB2A0A58-B403-441B-B184-1B5EEAFAC63D.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 124

Ian996

I bought my GT Sport from a joint Maserati / Renault dealer and keep getting Invites to Renault launches - I obviously look a bit too down-at-heel for the Maserati ones!

Ewan

I'd say it's not worth going to. When you go to an event like that, the showroom is crowded. Whereas if you pop to showroom on a normal weekday, it's as good as empty, so far easier to enjoy the cars at your leisure.

Jnismith

I get invited to the BMW events at my local dealer all the time. Some of them are worth going to like when they have an M3 you can take out. But normally they are just sales events with no better discounts than you can find elsewhere. The last one I went to promised they would be selling cars at wholesale price plus £100, but this ignored any bonus discount from BMW or BMW finance. If I want to buy a new car, I just bring the best printed quote I can find and ask them to better it, and they do.

Phil H

I went to one a while ago having received an invitation to a 'special event' for which timed appointments were offered. It turned out to be an individual meet and greet with a member of sales staff 'to enable him to assess customer requirements etc'. There was nothing special about it, and I would expect the same level of attention if I was looking to buy anyway.

PH

Andyk

I'd say it's not worth going to. When you go to an event like that, the showroom is crowded. Whereas if you pop to showroom on a normal weekday, it's as good as empty, so far easier to enjoy the cars at your leisure.

And you will get the same deal.....

Very poor/careless/lazy marketing IMO.
Your first logical question would be, why should I attend?
Their answer? (on the invite) Nothing.
My response? You insult my intelligence with this marketing BS
and ALSO want to waste MY time into the bargain?
No, f**k you very much ;)