Hello to my new GTS MC Shift

Guy

As promised in my 'Goodbye to my QPV GTS post, here are some pictures of my new Maserati.

_A4W0500.jpg_A4W0501.jpg_A4W0507.jpg

Guy

Effing lovely! Those wheels look superb.

Ever considered a subtle stripe?

Thanks! Agree re the wheels as they were the 1st upgrade! (Anyone want to buy some mint (12k miles) dark grey Astrals (8.5x20 and 10x20)?)

Not sure about stripes but someone posted a black 599 recently with matt black stripes that looked good.

Guy

That is a great looking car - black is such a great colour when it’s as clean and shiny as that...

Thanks Jon, after I took these photos I went for a 20 min drive (to make sure there was no moisture left in the brakes....my excuse anyway) on dry roads and the car was covered in dust! As you say, great when clean and even better once it's detailed but it does show dirt wet or dry. I wasn't sure I would like the wheels and expected to have to repaint in dark grey but I think I'll leave them for a while. I am really pleased with the Pearl Beige interior (with nero stitching, seat backs and tridents) but why doesn't it have a proper Italian name?

bigbob

Very nice. Sensible to dry the brakes. Cleaning the car especially if you use alloy wheel cleaner and then parking up with the EPB on for a few days can result in an inability to move.

CatmanV2

That's my mantra when it's parked in my garage but I use the EPB when I go out in the Maser - don't want it seizing up and failing an MOT.

I forget to turn mine off often enough that I'm happy it won't seize, but that's a good point :)

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Jon, after I took these photos I went for a 20 min drive (to make sure there was no moisture left in the brakes....my excuse anyway) on dry roads and the car was covered in dust! As you say, great when clean and even better once it's detailed but it does show dirt wet or dry. I wasn't sure I would like the wheels and expected to have to repaint in dark grey but I think I'll leave them for a while.

Gunmental / graphite wheels, matching stripe. You'll then have one of the best-looking GTS out there. This is the strip I had on mine. Dub Customs likely still has the cad drawing of it so could easily do it again.

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 09.54.50.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg