Oulton Park; Monday 2nd April.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Not going anywhere this morning and still falling.
Such a shame.

Attachments

• IMG_20180402_074744.jpg
    IMG_20180402_074744.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 64

MrMickS

Not sure we'd have made it anyway. M62 closed in both directions after a crash at 2:34 this morning :(

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Just read the news on this, 22 year old failed breathalyser after driving the wrong way on the M62, killed 2 people just going about their lives, truly makes me feel sick...

Indeed.
It is not exactly easy to get on a motorway in the wrong direction either in most parts.

jayblue

Watching the second race live on Youtube they just red flagged it due to the rain. We were really looking forward to the day out but I don't think we would have enjoyed it much in this kind of weather.

jayblue

OK they just abandoned all racing for the rest of the day including British GT race two. What a disappointment for anyone who made the journey to watch. Weather is still foul so hope anyone who went has a safe journey home.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I'm sorry the weather was particularly inclement for the attendant die-hards today but there's f*ck all I can do about that. :sad2: I'll look forward to next year when normal service is resumed! My hearty thanks to all those that made the effort and braved the elements. ;)

Lozzer

OK they just abandoned all racing for the rest of the day including British GT race two. What a disappointment for anyone who made the journey to watch. Weather is still foul so hope anyone who went has a save journey home.
I'm sorry the weather was particularly inclement for the attendant die-hards today but there's f*ck all I can do about that. :sad2: I'll look forward to next year when normal service is resumed! My hearty thanks to all those that made the effort and braved the elements. ;)
Arrr, we're used to weather like that up 'ere!, thoroughly enjoyed our day, especially the lad, thanks everyone
Ta
Loz

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Vampyrebat

Thanks again for organising Benny!...........Sorry you couldn't make it this time. Still had a great time even though it p!ssed down monumentally!! Here's a few snaps of those that made itWP_20180402_12_34_57_Pro.jpgWP_20180402_12_35_47_Pro.jpgWP_20180402_12_36_17_Pro.jpg

Terry

"P!ssed down monumentally!" You know, I couldn`t have put that better! (....and thanks for the photos!)
I think you were quite lucky, Ben, in having a valid reason for not turning out. I`ve dropped Dave a note of thanks for his best efforts, but if you could pass that on through "official" channels, Ben, I`d be very grateful.
Amazingly, me and my neighbour Keith had a great time - the weather was so bad that the whole day was hysterical. Good to meet Lozzer and Vampyrebat, and to wave at FJ55 JBU - pity that the weather was against us chatting.
Ah well - onwards and upwards!
Terry
PS Incidentally, I should have added that if one compares the number of cars of the different makes that usually attend the Supercar Display, there was a greater proportion of Maserati's turned up yesterday than of any of the other makes.

Wack61

With easter being so early this year I guess a lot of cars aren't on the road yet , may-october for the 6 months tax , it was BSB at Donington yesterday , that sounds like fun