Top Gear!

redsonnylee

I’ve recorded it and just got home to start watching it & saw your post, I see what you mean so far dull and dreadful so will be fast forwarding.

D Walker

Chris Harris had Mark “Geoff Capes” red trainers on tho,
Thought the piece on the 720s was ok....
The reversing cars bit was a time filler and the big foot bit was just a bit weird....

GeoffCapes

Chris Harris had Mark “Geoff Capes” red trainers on tho,
Thought the piece on the 720s was ok....
The reversing cars bit was a time filler and the big foot bit was just a bit weird....

I don't follow trends. I set 'em! ;)

Andyk

Not watched it....will tonight....This s the one I had tickets for ..... Laurence off here went in my place. Will have to keep an eye out for him.

Lozzingers

I've only watched part of it, and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be having been in the audience! Most of the Lee Mack jokes were rather sensored unfortunately! I was in the linen of sight behind Matt Le blanc and in shot quite a bit, just a bit tall sometimes, so my head got chopped off

MarkMas

Chief pedant
This was the first one I have watched in a while, and I thought it was quite good really. Although the reversing cars thing clearly didn't work out as they had hoped, and they should have dropped it.

urquattrogus

Haven't watched this yet, but do others agree that The Grand Tour has really improved for the second series?? much more watchable now.

For me there have been some laugh out loud moments!

outrun

I'm actually enjoying the new Top Gear although I agree that last night's episode wasn't the best. I think Matt Le Blanc and Chris Harris are relaxing into the roles now and the chemistry is improving. Rory is not great though and clearly left to play the lesser roles. He looks like Shrek and when I see him on screen, he appears green to me....

Towards the end of the old Top Gear, I really hated it and stopped watching entirely. Clarkson et al are real twits and their interaction is no longer amusing.

I'd like to see an actual car show made where they properly test normal stuff. Hasn't been much of that since the demise of 5th Gear. Couldn't care less how fast cars go round a track, it just isn't relevant to me in any way. I'd rather see a review of dailies where they have them for a few weeks, using them, carrying their kids/dogs/bikes/sofas etc and tell me what they find in reality.

Call me boring if you like!

Contigo

Sponsor
Boring!!!

I loved seeing how far the 720s has come against the older P1 but call me dull.....

conaero

Forum Owner
OK the Yeti thing was a bit stupid but those toys they showed off...awesome!

Macca...Awesome

Rory, not!

JonW

I watched this last night, and then I also watched the Top Gear: Extra Gear.

I actually enjoyed them both as light entertainment, and thought the BigFoot expedition was funny with some great toys.

Bizarrely The Top Gear: Extra Gear was probably more interesting as it had two proper racing drivers on talking about cars, and they showed a behind the scenes bit about what went into filming the comparison between the 720 and the P1

davy83

I may be alone in enjoying all of this. The latest series of Grand Tour was better, and very watchable, definitely getting better as it goes along. I didnt mind the Top Gear episode last night, not great to watch but better than some of the stuff on TV. Must watch the Extra gear it sounds more interesting that I had thought.

Haven't watched this yet, but do others agree that The Grand Tour has really improved for the second series?? much more watchable now.

For me there have been some laugh out loud moments!

conaero

Forum Owner
More car programmes the better I say, not too fussy about the content as long as its not American, faux arguments with zero factual on the mechanicals and rock music as the backing track so you cant hear what they are saying?

Zep

Speaking of car shows where I only like part of the presenting line up, Car SOS restarts on Nat Geo on Thursday. Looks like there is an Integrale in one of them.

conaero

Forum Owner
Speaking of car shows where I only like part of the presenting line up, Car SOS restarts on Nat Geo on Thursday. Looks like there is an Integrale in one of them.

Yep saw that, they seem to be doing Wheeler Dealer cars but I guess there are only so many cars of that ilk and WD have pretty much done them all.

zagatoes30

An acquaintance of mine works for car SOS and he was recently selling a car that had been to transport various SOS parts including an Integrale engine

Zep

Yep saw that, they seem to be doing Wheeler Dealer cars but I guess there are only so many cars of that ilk and WD have pretty much done them all.

Agree, although the WD integrale was an 8v. Based on the fleeting glance I saw on the trailer the sausage one is and EVO. Let's hope they aren't just going to change the alternator, mop it and stick a slightly less broken grille on it.