To Strad or not to Strad....

outrun

Thanks and (you are right) its getting more complex to work out exactly what is in the kit ! Trying to find out now. Will try and resolve it either way and let you know.

I have a quote for it from Meridien with the forum discount. PM your email address and I will forward it. I have also asked my local main dealer who is getting back to me and Eurospares who I have given up on. If it’s below 5k and they can give me a realistic delivery date, I will probably buy it. I think it’s very special and will add value although maybe not the full amount.

rockits

I think the stock ones look fine to me.

3f414801c6bd3cbd076980cedf1393f7.jpg

tasnam

I have the matte black stock ones of these but wonder if I'd like the black gloss better.....not sure

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Prefer these too. I think the ones fitted were standard and these cost a bit more.

Not sure whether to look at the 4 seater Stradale or older MC Shift? Opinions welcome...

Yes, I love the 'original' Strad wheels. Much prefer them to the later diamond cut ones.

4-seat Strad or MC Shift? If you can stretch to the Strad then you probably should, otherwise trouser the £30k price difference. I kept looking at Strads when I had my GTS but couldn't justify parting with so much extra money to get a car which in many material respects was more or less the same. If I was coming in fresh to the Granturismo then I would defintely have been Strad-hunting.

I have the matte black stock ones of these but wonder if I'd like the black gloss better.....not sure

Re matt vs gloss, matt or satin every time for me. I don't like gloss wheels very much, especially in dark colours. Personal choice, mind!

Contigo

Sponsor
Did I steal your thunder mate? It was a long thread! I'm guessing you said you didn't like them then? Great minds e&?!

No we've been discussing the GC motors cars for a long time on here and the Centennial thread!

GeoffCapes

I'd be happy with either to be honest.

Originally I wasn't a fan of the diamond cut alloys, but having seen them in the flesh, they look the dogs dangles.
As do the originals.

conaero

Forum Owner
Gloss black are nice but they take constant cleaning. With the matt ones, they never look dirty...like the white paint.

So if your after a car that you done have to clean and looks dirty after 5 mins, get a white car with matt black wheels.....more time to enjoy driving it!

FF1078

Gloss black are nice but they take constant cleaning. With the matt ones, they never look dirty...like the white paint.

So if your after a car that you done have to clean and looks dirty after 5 mins, get a white car with matt black wheels.....more time to enjoy driving it!

Bloody flies are the problem at this time of the year with a white car.

V8Hunter

Yes, I love the 'original' Strad wheels. Much prefer them to the later diamond cut ones.

4-seat Strad or MC Shift? If you can stretch to the Strad then you probably should, otherwise trouser the £30k price difference. I kept looking at Strads when I had my GTS but couldn't justify parting with so much extra money to get a car which in many material respects was more or less the same. If I was coming in fresh to the Granturismo then I would defintely have been Strad-hunting.

What would make you choose the Strad from the off? What makes it more 'special'?

I'm trying to use man-math to justify the extra £20-30k!

FF1078

What would make you choose the Strad from the off? What makes it more 'special'?

I'm trying to use man-math to justify the extra £20-30k!

Drive both.
I had a 60 plate GT/s and it was great but when I chopped it in and drove the Strad home it was like chalk and cheese.
The brakes are **** on GT/s even the bigger 4.7 ones still over heat after one good stamp on them.
Strad ones are a bit woody if not warm but are great once you've used them a bit.
All that Alcantara inside is gorseous too.
The handling is better in my eye's too but i sacked the Pirelli Corsa's for Michelin Supersport which again transform the car.

I also like the bonnet scope but I know there are those that dont.

You can also tell there is 100kg weight saving.

outrun

IMG_1038.jpg

Perfect to my eyes. Dark wheels are only good on a lighter colour car and have been done to death.