To Strad or not to Strad....

All,
Thanks for all the messages here and private ones over the bank holiday.
Saw the three Stradales in Harrogate area today and went in open minded.
Was able to negotiate on all three and it came down to the two seater one winning primarily based on rarity and the greater sense of drama although the cabin in the four seaters had more carbon and bose which was a pull.
Get the car in two weeks (I work in Cambridge) and will pull together some shots with the other two and may part with the Gransport although that will be as hard as my conversation with the bank manager in the week.
Thanks again for all the advice here and DMs.
Malcolm

conaero

Forum Owner
Nice Malcolm you’ll really enjoy that.

I take it you went for that Grey 2 seater...bargin

Nice Malcolm you’ll really enjoy that.

I take it you went for that Grey 2 seater...bargin

Thank you - I did - understand why people may have gone for the others but I keep these things for years and thought in the long run it would be the best proposition.

Really good advice from the forum last week and am very grateful.

Back to work with a bang today though !

Evo Cymru

Well done fella! As an owner of a GS but having an interest in trying a 4.7 GT I would love to know how they compare....

FA57GTA

Congratulations Malcolm! You will enjoy the car I’m sure! Just in time for summer too!
Cheers tom

conaero

Forum Owner
Friday 13th pick it up. Comparisons to commence as well as bills .....

Its a very different car from the GS...not that I would ever say anything derogatory about the GS.

The first thing you will notice is the driving positions, the GS is very open with no tunnel support.

Then there are those carbon ceramic brakes.

For a big car she is nimble but you want to get used to the sharp turn in, I nearly slid mine into a bush taking a junction too fast that the GS would have made no problem but this was probably down to the crappy Pzero tyres and damp cold road.

Enjoy!

azapa

ahh yes. a few words of friendly advice.

I dropped my son off before driving up to the Ferrari center for a coffee, already been driving about 15 mins, dry and very warm, joined an A road from a quiet B. Tried to nip out before the entourage of three lanes of traffic descended upon me. About 1/2 throttle? Ended up looking like an outtake from Starsky and Hutch, 45 degrees across the road and three lanes of traffic watching on. I have no idea what they were all thinking of an idiot in his Maserati. Well, maybe I do.

Throttle mapping is very different in RACE mode, more snappy, combine that with hard or cold tires and things get wobbly.

Watch out for a few surprises!

Andyk

Those tyres......I suppose Maserati gave them a specific tyre to cope with track work that need to be warmed up but I take it as most will never see a track they struggle with out UK climate ?

Its a very different car from the GS...not that I would ever say anything derogatory about the GS.

The first thing you will notice is the driving positions, the GS is very open with no tunnel support.

Then there are those carbon ceramic brakes.

For a big car she is nimble but you want to get used to the sharp turn in, I nearly slid mine into a bush taking a junction too fast that the GS would have made no problem but this was probably down to the crappy Pzero tyres and damp cold road.

Enjoy!

Redline were good with the test. Despite the weather off you go (without them) and we did in the snow until we put into race mode and my limited driving skills became quite exposed in the wet - my Brera would've overtaken me and had time for coffee before I got back to the dealer who is even replacing the MC Stradale badge which is I thought I being picky about.

The GS is likely to be going to Richard G and I'll be gutted to see it go as I'm convinced I'll want one again but I'm starting to put money into the Alfa 75 restoration now and want to see it through.

CatmanV2

I wonder how long it will be before we have tyre temperature sensors inputting to the MSP?

C

Strad

Congrats Malcolm, looks like a great example of a great car.
Glad you had the badge replaced! Dickie G told me about the inserts falling out so I couldn’t help but look at mine every time I sat in the car. Maserati replaced it under warranty.
You’ll love the Stradale, the hops & skips make you smile as much as the noise does so enjoy!
Mark.