1 of Only 12 in the World!!

safrane

Lovely colour...in fact the same as my first 4200 in paint and trim.

Probably 1 of 12 manual face lifts in that year.

MrMickS

It is a lovely looking car.

Interesting that we talk down the price of Maserati ... ;)

rockits

I don't know the numbers but pretty sure it is a great deal more than 12 globally.

Pricey at that mileage but we don't mind.....they can't try 30k if they want as makes mine worth a lot more

Zep

It certainly looks to have had a lot of love, I hope he gets 24k, it just won't be from any of us!

Andyk

Martins CC is up for 17k I believe.....New clutch and a sorted car. That's seems better value. OK it's manual which seems to be a little unloved in a 4200. Never driven a manual so can't comment on how it feels against a CC.

Vampyrebat

Don't know about that Andy, the manual 42's I see for sale seem to make a big deal about them being rare manuals. It took me over a year to find the right one for me but it was a **** lot less than £25,000 and a lot less miles also. I have never driven a CC so also can't comment but I always preferred a manual box, but that's just me I guess!

hilts uk

For similar age Ferrari's the premium for manual is at least 100%. For the 599 manuals are valued higher than the 599 GTO at £500k+. If the car is collectable then the rarest version of it will command silly prices - look at the Ghibli Spyder vs hard top - premium of 300%.

Vampyrebat

Yeh makes sense..........Also the last true manual Maserati ever made.........Impressive stable BTW!!

Andyk

Don't know about that Andy, the manual 42's I see for sale seem to make a big deal about them being rare manuals. It took me over a year to find the right one for me but it was a **** lot less than £25,000 and a lot less miles also. I have never driven a CC so also can't comment but I always preferred a manual box, but that's just me I guess!

I bet that are the years go on the manual will be the one of choice.....and with so little built you could be onto a winner. Back when new they weren't popular as everyone seemed to want the CC but that was the latest popular trend and new ...flappy paddles.......Look at Porsche, Aston to name two....going back to manuals for their performance cars.

zagatoes30

It looks in nice condition and is correct that manuals are rarer than CC versions and hence in the future may hold values better.

Vampyrebat

I think you are both 'Bob on'..............I just wish that Maserati would follow suit. I would love to go for a GT for my next car but there was no option for manual so I am still wondering where I will go for my next car!

Andyk

Manuals are rare in these type of cars these days. Porsche and Aston maybe the only ones .... Porsche in most of its range and Aston only the Vantage...Ferrari gave up years ago along with Lambo which is a shame but most said wouldn't do a manual as the boxes couldn't cope with the increase in power from what I can remeber...

rockits

Problem is the 4200 manual isn't a great manual so don't see it commanding a premium over the better CC box.

Until now the manual has always been cheaper to buy than CC.

Rare also means you won't get parts for it later down the line & for a Maserati more than most surely that will be a big issue.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
That car has basically been on constant sale for about 5 years. I enquired when it was for sale in Worksop about 4 years ago. Poor history put me off.

j s pollo

oops it seems like I am one of the twelve owners of the manual Maserati"s
I like them being old school you can push thro the gears that little extra
and I enjoy using a gear stick.
My motor is dark grey it still cost a fortune to keep in good condition.....

Davidc

As an owner of a pre facelift 2004 manual GT coupe with identical colour scheme and 20k less on the clock it's good to see, even if the asking price is somewhat optimistic! Still can't decide whether to put mine up for sale later in the Spring. If I could get anything close to that price I think that would persuade me but I somehow doubt it!

alfatwo

As an owner of a pre facelift 2004 manual GT coupe with identical colour scheme and 20k less on the clock it's good to see, even if the asking price is somewhat optimistic! Still can't decide whether to put mine up for sale later in the Spring. If I could get anything close to that price I think that would persuade me but I somehow doubt it!

David, You could always buy a proper old school manual Maser, a 3200GT, and its quicker :wink:

Dave